Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen these before and IDK what I'm doing wrong but all that I can find is universal kits. I need a D16Z6 manual coupe OEM-style kit of replacement ground wires

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,104 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the green cable, but they look like theyre exactly the same while the ground cables, A & B from Honda are different. Part numbers 32610-sr3-906 for A, valve cover to rad support and B 32601-sr3-003 trans to frame rail.

I can't find anything on eBay that matches Honda specs :red_indian: :shoot:

·
4,104 Posts
once again, do you want oem or do you want custom?

custom you can run larger gauge wire which is an UPGRADE.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
pretty simple fix.

buy bullz audio 4gauge wiring. The wiring itself is closer to 6gauge spec, but they use a pretty thick wire jacket, perfect for an engine bay.

buy crimp on connectors, anda cheap wire crimper, like ones you use with a hammer.

grab a torch and add solder to the joint.

Then buy wire sleeving in the color and design of your choice.

Or give me the number of wires and wire lengths you want, and I can make soem wires for you for a reasonable price, and you can sleeve it yourself. I have connectors and wiring, but no sleeving, and Im not gonna stock on sleeving for one person

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I can tell Honda has absolutely no new OEM parts left. My old ground wires are totally shot, and I'd imagine almost all the used wires are all getting too tired to be worth it.

So OEM is out, especially if they're more expensive. I don't want custom, I don't want the wires tucked or to be any different from OEM specs. I want it to be like buying most things from the parts store, not Honda brand but exactly the way Honda made them. Of course, the one and only difference I am looking for is the color but I'd be okay with black wires anyway.

I'm gonna look for some good quality 4 or 6 gauge in the color I want, and some crimp on rings to solder and crimp on before putting heat shrink over the crimp of the ring. Either that or I'm gonna get the green wires batsloman and just pretend they're not different from what Honda wanted

·
4,104 Posts
thicker gauge = upgrade......

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
you dont need to waste money on fancy high quality wiring.

a lot fo the cheap ebay-offered stereo power cables are perfect, as they generally are SHIT for car audio due to being smaller than spec, but generally are THICKER jacket, perfect for weather-proofing.

my spool of BULLZ audio acts/performs like good 6gauge wiring, yet is sold as a thick ass 4gauge.

regardlesss, thicker wiring in general for your gorunding is good for the car. streonger, shorter startups menas the battery stays healthier, better alternator wiring means its never overcharging the battery (thin gauge wire=voltage drop, and can sometimes lead to burning out alternators). (not a problem at all if you dont have a big stereo)

Plus, having a good ground from engine to battery means ignition is a bit more stable, fires a bit cleaner, and in general, all lights are a tad brighter.

·
4,104 Posts
I think that 0 gauge damn near solid wire cost me 8$ for little less than 6ft. the copper terminal ends were free to me as I had found them in an old tool box. heat shrink and solder were also on hand. once I replaced my battery to ground, battery to fuse box, fuse box to alt, and starter to battery, I haven't had any issues. even with a subwoofer

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
just having fresh 8gauge or larger wiring is a benefit to have.

0 gauge battery to chassis is definitely helpful when pulling more than 500rms from a subwoofer setup, given our dinky alternators, unless you swapped and shimmed pulleys and ran a F/H alternator.

If I had to pick only 3 wires to do, it would be battery ground, starter positive, and engine to chassis ground

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What gauge is the factory ground cable? I found green wire in the summit racing magazine but it only goes up to 10 gauge. It's also grass green not neon but whatever.

So I decided to relocate my battery to the trunk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts