Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
A space ship
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed an ac system? Im planning on installing a system before summer and I plan on using all oem parts. What I'm wondering is what I have to do as far as electrical? Is the harness for everything there, or do I need a sub harness?

This is going into a 93 CX

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
96 hatch SIR
1,334 Posts
Good thing I just did this. Gather everything from the junk yard that you need hook it up to your car Im sure the only different thing you need to be aware of is that the plug inside the evaporator is you need to get a r12 so it matches up(r12 plug are different). Other than that everything all the harness is there you just need to get the ac harness and hook it up also. Thats about it, then just take it to ac shop to test for leak and charge it with freon.

·
It's that time again
MAIN ONE IZ A CIVCSI
5,369 Posts
Good thing I just did this. Gather everything from the junk yard that you need hook it up to your car Im sure the only different thing you need to be aware of is that the plug inside the evaporator is you need to get a r12 so it matches up(r12 plug are different). Other than that everything all the harness is there you just need to get the ac harness and hook it up also. Thats about it, then just take it to ac shop to test for leak and charge it with freon.
yup thats it.

im bout to do a a/c install got the full a/c system including the air box that goes under the dash cuz my old one didnt line up with the "new" to me system.

·
Registered
A space ship
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you just need to get the ac harness and hook it up.
What AC harness? Also do you suggest changing to R134a? If I swap to 134 I can get my school to do the work for free, or close to free(my school does good work btw).

·
Registered
17 Posts
The best thing to do is go with a retrofit to r134. its cheaper than r12 because if you do have a leak later down the line it will be cheaper to refill. The ac plug is apart of the harness the only thing is that it will just be a single plug for the compressor and one for the evaporator

·
Registered
96 hatch SIR
1,334 Posts
Yesh, just got mine charge and blasted with ice cold ac as of rit nows also measured temperature from inside of car to about 40degree. Yesss!!!! Boosting 20lbs and have AC, Im ready for summer!!! Anywho, no need to switch to r134 as already mention just get the r12 and buy the r134 convertion kit from local auto store, I got mine from Kragen (its just some fittings, cost about 8 dallars) your school then can charge it for you.

·
It's that time again
MAIN ONE IZ A CIVCSI
5,369 Posts
what youu guys need ac for roll down the damn windows 4/40
i dont really need it for my self my car came with it and i ripped it out along with my p.s. . the only reason im putting it back in is cuz in the some me and my fam. go out alot trips and with the gas goin where it is looks like most of them will be in my civic campin gear and all with hella ppl in the car yeah we'll need it then.

·
Registered
96 hatch SIR
1,334 Posts
what youu guys need ac for roll down the damn windows 4/40
You say this becuase In you ava I see snow. Come visit Cali, more specificly central Cali in the summer see If rolling the window down to let 100+ degree blow in your face will make a difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts