Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a Z6 with 75.5mm vitara and fjt custom i-beam rods. well i have ran into an issue with the setup. About 1k miles on engine so far. i did a comp test after about 400miles and read 185psi across the board. Well during a tuning session just finishing up the vtec cam fuel tables i noticed the car starting to smoke quite a bit after one of the pulls. we thought it to be the catch can and made adjustments and went for another pull. well coming up on 6800rpm i noticed it fell off hard and A/f went very rich. i then noticed the oil light come on and immediately shut the engine off and coasted off to the shoulder of the old farm road we were on. i get out and look under the car to find that the drain plug my buddy said he had tightened that morning after doing the oil change was GONE!! so we get a plug/oil, fire it back up, and things sound normal. driving home though we ran into an issue, everytime we stop the idle would surge from 900-2500to3000rpm and light throttle cruising it would slightly buck/shutter. We thought, ok vacuum leak. Well i smoked the system, no leaks. We did a comp test to find cyl 4 @90psi cyl 3 @130psi cyl 2 @175psi and cyl 1 @185psi. then went and did a leak down on cyl#4 and noticed it had 80% leak down with lots of hissing and air coming out of VC breather. Would that short time span of the oil loss during that pull have destroyed my rings that quickly? why just cly #4? Last, how come the surging idle issue? Any input would be greatly appreciated from all. :icon_frown:

·
Registered
120 Posts
#4 Cylinder is the furthest and last one to get oil so if you ran the car on no oil, then that would be the first to go out due to oil starvation.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha he was doing it while i was finishing up wiring my plx wideband in the car,i assumed he could handle the simple task but obviously not. That was my thoughts aswell ShadyLTD.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sounds like one of the more expensive oil changes out there. The good news is that you'll probably never make that mistake again.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Hope its just bad rings and not trashed cyl walls. Time to rebuild again...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts