Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay this coolant leak is driving me crazy. i have a 91 hatch. just put a 98zc d16y7 in it. used my old IM, TB, dizzy, alt, ecu, etc. Heres the problem.

when I start filling the coolant up, it leaks out the back. I cant seem to pinpoint it exactly but it seems to be coming from under the intake manifold by the thermo housing.

I replaced the thermo housing gasket, checked all the hoses and it still leaked. I thought for sure it was the o ring on the inlet pipe on the thermo side so i replaced that. I put a little rtv on it as lube so it wouldn't twist. It still leaked.

i thought maybe I put the intake mani gasket on wrong so i checked that and its good. still leaking. the intake mani gasket is for the 90 but that shouldn't matter right, since i'm using the old intake mani?

This is driving me crazy. where could it be coming from. Has anyone had this problem? any suggestions? It's not a slow leak either, it just runs right down the back and makes a massive puddle. Please help. And I did search, found a couple threads with similar problems, but I'm out of ideas.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can buy dye to put in the coolant and use a black light and that should help you see where the coolant is actually coming from. Do you know if the y7 you got was solid before you put it in?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not really i can only assume. supposedly it had around 40K miles on it. and i know it had an auto tranny cuz there was a torque converter on it. it had coolant and oil in it and both looked good. plugs looked good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts