Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Civic EX
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got my obx water temp gauge in the other day, but now i need help putting it in.

i was originally gonna do the tuner toys adapter, then saw they are no more, ok back to the drawing board.

so i was going to drill and tap the water neck, alright that sounds good, i go out and look and the fitting for this sensor is huge, where im doubting it will be ok to drill a hole that big in the water neck without it basically drilling out the side at the same time.

next option if the inline adapters that go inline with your radiator hose, im sure this would be my best option, but they all seem to be 1/8 npt and this sucking is over 1/2 inch wide, so i dont want to order it and it not fit.

anyone have any help on this? why does it seem like other brands have smaller sensor "adapters/fittings" and this one is huge, are they interchangeable?

and i would love to say just fuck it and not use it, but ive had overheating issues in the past that i cant track down so i need this to monitor everything until i can figure it out

·
Registered
95 Civic EX
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i took the bleeder valve out of the upper radiator hose water neck and threaded my autometer sending unit in there.
right, that was my original plan, but as i said in the original post, the fitting for this one is over a 1/2 in wide...

just seeing if anyone has any other suggestions, if not i guess i'll just sell it and buy a different brand

·
Registered
95 Civic EX
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could go ghetto and make your own inline adapter out of PVC.:yes:
lol tried it and it leaked once there was pressure...

so im just checking options..

if i do remake one, i think i'll use some sort of metal, i just have to find a drill press i can use to drill it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts