Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Civic Coupe EJ1
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, im going in the process of building an all motor d16z6 set-up. I know that amongst some of the best modifications to do for all motor is a GOOD ITB set.

Now ive been doing my research into sizes, lengths, problems and mainly the TUNING!

Im just wondering about which kind of ITBs to use for my set-up, basically;

- 12.:1 CR
- BC stg.3 Cam

^^^ main things that affect/compliment a good ITB motor.

which ones to go for? OBX or custom made myself cbr954's?

thanks

OBX Individual Throttle Body ITB 92-95 Honda Civic D16Z | eBay UK

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
I'd personally make them from CBR because,

1) The TPS sensor is said to be plug and play (I can't verify that but I've heard it).
2) OBX is hit or miss when it comes to fitment.
3) CBR ITB's are a good bit cheaper.
4) Pending on what CBR you pull the ITB's from you can use different diameters.

If I were to do it, I'd take a Y7 manifold (they have semi-longish straight runners that you can bolt rubber grommets to and 4 ports for fuel injectors) hack off the top portion with a bandsaw and run it that way.

Shameless plug time:

If you get interested and want to weld your own runners on, I've got an intake flange from a D15 that has the runners cut off and all the fuel injector ports ready to go.

lmk.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
+1 on the CBR IRTBs if you have the fabrication ability

I have no personal experience with the OBX thrttles, but trust me, if theyre not "right" it will be an epic headache. For example, if the throttle seal is hit and miss you could have a lot of trouble synchronizing them and fight idle issues.

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
I know if you can put together a set of the OBX then putting the CBR's together is a cake walk.

OBX is far from bolt'on.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
i bought OBX rad hoses that werent even the correct lengths...
if they cant be bothered to measure out a simple hose i would hardly trust them to
manufacture a good set of itb's, And that is a part where the minute details can make or break the performance.

my advice: fab one up from cbr 954 TB's. pay for some good welding. itll be worth the $ invested and the time. and its awesome to have a hand in designing it when you pop the hood and people start asking questions. good luck with your research and progress on this build.

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
Ya I took cbr600 itb's and then threw them on a ebay d16 manifold that was cut. Easy money. Crome and tps tuning. Or alpha N and shits off the hook son

·
Premium Member
Honda City
2,438 Posts
I'd personally make them from CBR because,

1) The TPS sensor is said to be plug and play (I can't verify that but I've heard it).
2) OBX is hit or miss when it comes to fitment.
3) CBR ITB's are a good bit cheaper.
4) Pending on what CBR you pull the ITB's from you can use different diameters.

If I were to do it, I'd take a Y7 manifold (they have semi-longish straight runners that you can bolt rubber grommets to and 4 ports for fuel injectors) hack off the top portion with a bandsaw and run it that way.

Shameless plug time:

If you get interested and want to weld your own runners on, I've got an intake flange from a D15 that has the runners cut off and all the fuel injector ports ready to go.

lmk.
How much for the flange? :) I'll take it.

·
Registered
1995 Civic Coupe EJ1
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the replies and advice, almost 100% going to go for the CBR954's

1 - 14 of 14 Posts