Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How's it workin for some of ya... been reading and a few seem to have it. Any complications with install? Any reported issues? I heard that once it's on, it's on for good. True? OBX stepped up to the plate with some of there things and not really with others. Their im could have been a little better, but was good enough. I would def. use their products again. I've had limited issues and nothing really bad to say.

Anyone got pics??

:: SIDE NOTE ::

I think I finally killed the motor I had in the car (Not the one I am building for turbo). The in car motor was a bone stock D16z6 and it either has a cracked head, cracked block, or the head gasket it GONE! hahah Went to start the car the other day and it started flawless. By the time I drove the 3 houses down to the end of my street, I was over heating and laughing about it (I knew the engine was kinda going). I turned around and parked quickly and checked out the motor. I have oil down the side of my block and my radiator is just about dry now because it all went into the res tank and over flowed. I blew the oil pan gasket for sure. I have the header and pan off the car. I'll take pics if I can find my damn camera.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,997 Posts
Look in the tranny forum......I know the search won't do 3 letters.

I've installed 7 some far, #8 is on the way.

Minor shimming issue during install, nothing a B16/B18 oil ring doesn't cure.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,997 Posts
ask the driver, install went fine expect he didn't get the VSS drive gear and is using my Kaaz piece.

The difference between Kaaz and Cusco is easy......

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so you advocate Kaaz then?? I suppose I'll aim for the tranny thread too. I'll spend some time reading on that. I figured here in FI forum, traction loss must be extremely common (Especially since honda's don't come turboed)

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
Trans, is the OBX easy to rebuild? I had read on here that the OBX's only real con is they QC isn't shit so you end up with a shotty build and some stripped bolts, BUT if you rebuild it right and replace the striped bolts, it works fine.

I'm thinking about gettong one. I can afford the OBX, but not the others, so I'm trying to be hopeful. Is it really that hard to install, or just tedious?

·
I got a promoted! And I'm PINK!!
2,260 Posts
so you advocate Kaaz then?? I suppose I'll aim for the tranny thread too. I'll spend some time reading on that. I figured here in FI forum, traction loss must be extremely common (Especially since honda's don't come turboed)
some do.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
we don't get the City or the Beat here. I am not talking about JDM cars. You can get a Honda Beat in Japan for like $3000 usd. it comes with a 3 cyl 1.2 ltr. (At least I believe that is what I read FOREVER ago)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.