1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Absolute piece of $#!%!
Lifetime warranty my @$$!
Didn't handle a stock d16y8! Less than 1000mi and look what happened!
They still try to sell this crap on ebay.
Crap material, worst machinery!
Absolute no support.
Be aware!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Its OBX... honestly what did you expect lol Its not worth gambling with OBX.. ya some of there crap works but the metal they use is crap just like all knock off brands.

I just Googled OBX LSD review and the first thing that came up did the same thing as yours My OBX lsd Review/short and sweet///pictures added - Honda-Tech

It Pays to do some research before wasting money on crap parts that wont last.

Its good your posting this up though so other people will see OBX LSD is only good for a paper weight.

Sorry for your misfortune

Aquafina builds D series Transmissions with LSD diff for $699 shipped.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/transmission-alley/105150-mfactory-lsd-review.html

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
I got an OBX LSD in my z6 trans and its seen a full season of Solo and one track day of HPDE, still holds up fine til this day.

But even I acknowledge that OBX was a hit or miss, and I am glad mine was a hit. LOLOL

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
My Obx is still alive. It's a 8 y/o dif and was originally from my brothers turbo y8 that even ran 10s. Knock on wood

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
I don't even feel bad for you.

Or anyone that gets shit OBX's.

It is KNOWN that some are shit, some aren't. RESEARCH probably would have saved you the hassle.

·
Registered
Honda
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didn't post here asking for your feelings, bro.
Posted to aware new buyers/builders.
That piece of junk cost me about US$700 with shipping and tax!
After failure and disassemble noticed gears bad machinery and poor copy from Mfactory one.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
M-factory at w-p-d racing will seal the deal.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
After failure and disassemble noticed gears bad machinery and poor copy from Mfactory one.
1) I'm not your bro, nor anyones bro.
2) OBX was out before MFactory. After Aquafina and I had QC issues with the OBX, he made the move on the MFactory D series.

Lastly, I suspect that MAJOR wheel hop from either the driver or a suspension issue is the root cause here.

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Well "bro", you posted some bullshit review that EVERYONE here has seen a dozen times. You know where this "posted to aware new buyers" thread is gonna go? To the depths of forum hell like the rest of the obx is trash threads.

If anyone on this site buys an OBX LSD with hopes it's gonna be the best thing since cat chow-mein, they deserve to rip their trans apart in the first 3k miles.

If people, not just from this website, but everywhere would SEARCH, and do RESEARCH about parts, this kind of thing can be avoided.

This is YOUR FAULT for foolishly spending that kind of money on KNOWN JUNK, which you obviously didn't research or read about.

Since you don't care about our feelings, shoot OBX an email about how you pissed away $700 on their crap, and lets see if they care about yours. :lol:

Lastly, I suspect that MAJOR wheel hop from either the driver or a suspension issue is the root cause here.
Jackpot.

Driver error at its finest.

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
Whats with all the agression towards the guy. Its only another review on how the product still sucks in this day and age?

Should he researched before he bought an item? Yes.

Is the issue cause by him? Or just cause its OBX garbage? Maybe both? Who knows.

All in all, the review is just another up to date reminder of why OBX is a no no. So why are people so angry in hurr? Esp that redneck that likes to play with long sticks and balls. hrmmm?

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Whats with all the agression towards the guy. Its only another review on how the product still sucks in this day and age?

Should he researched before he bought an item? Yes.

Is the issue cause by him? Or just cause its OBX garbage? Maybe both? Who knows.

All in all, the review is just another up to date reminder of why OBX is a no no. So why are people so angry in hurr? Esp that redneck that likes to play with long sticks and balls. hrmmm?
Because he doesn't care about my feelings BRO! :crying:

Hey, I'll do what I want with long sticks and balls.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
If you people keep paying for shit products then they'll keep making them. Just look at the F&F franchise.
Truth, this goes for more then just LSDs, LCDs, cars, phones, houses you names it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts