Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
A lot of people may disagree with me on this...but just like ss auto chrome, you get what you pay for. Dont expect a $375 OBX LSD to perform like a $995 Quaife LSD. Its cheaper for a reason...

B

·
0 Posts
Well I can get TWO obx's and install them into TWO Si trannies for less than ONE quaife shipped to my house; call me crazy but that is cheap enough for me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
bspeed said:
Well I can get TWO obx's and install them into TWO Si trannies for less than ONE quaife shipped to my house; call me crazy but that is cheap enough for me.
So what? That means shit. You could buy like 4 SS Auto Chrome Turbo manifolds for the price of 1 LoveFab mani. Guess what one I would pick?

Why would you want to buy garbage and have to replace it all the time? Plus it doesnt work like the real thing and have fun changing it out after something breaks. Cant exactly pull the tranny from the car and then pull apart the tranny to change a LSD in 10 mins...

·
D-series wise guy
2,858 Posts
TRIPtych said:
So what? That means shit. You could buy like 4 SS Auto Chrome Turbo manifolds for the price of 1 LoveFab mani. Guess what one I would pick?

Why would you want to buy garbage and have to replace it all the time? Plus it doesnt work like the real thing
How do you know that it doesn't work like the real thing?

and have fun changing it out after something breaks. Cant exactly pull the tranny from the car and then pull apart the tranny to change a LSD in 10 mins...
Say what you like. I'm all for spending money on quality, but bottom line is that a lot of folks are using the obx lsd and I haven't read/heard of a *SINGLE* failure yet... My only hesitation is that I haven't heard any success stories of one in a road-racing application.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts