Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some people say OBX is good, some say bad....
some say only certain parts are good, some say none are...

okay! so i wanna know about this

http://www.sparktecmotorsports.com/mf10333.html

anybody have it? tried it? know somebody that had/tried it? is it worth the investment? should i even bother? i dont expect to see mass gains or a 15-20hp jump up but i want better breathing for my shit. is it best for boost or NA?
or should i just keep my y8 shit?

p.s. i believe this is the right section to pose this question. if not, sorry and please move. thanks mods/admin

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Looks like a venom intake manifold copy-cat. But you should buy it and give us the review on it. I would of got one myself just for the heck of it but I got a good deal on a GE intake manifold that I couldn't pass it up.

·
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any other info?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Not sure about the venom knock off but I tried their intake manifold for the 92-95 civic manifold and had a few problems with it.....first of all the end cap on the drivers side hit my master cylinder (fitment in the eg is also very tight) which required me to cut it off and reweld it..The inlet is also much different than a stock manifold so don't count on the intake tube you bought to fit anymore without some modification...There are also some sharp edges around the inside where the runners meet the flange that will require some mild porting...Most of the welds look good but underneath where the runners meet the flange on the outside might be prone to cracking but can be gone over by anyone with some tig experience...I also had to plane down the flanges because they were warped about a 1/4 inch but this was easily fixed with a belt sander...the chrome is also shit and starts to pit and flake off after a while but can be fixed with a bead blaster and some good paint...After a little bit of work and if you know the right people you could have yourself a pretty good manifold but because of the huge plenum and short runner length I would have to say that this manifold would probably be much better for boost than n/a...I think you can pick these up a little cheaper on ebay than on sparktec.....hope this helped..

·
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thatnk you sir! just the kind of answer i was seeking!

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I did had the older version. I install it when I sold my hatch. It was what I had laying around so I put it to good use. I didn't have any issue as far as fitment goes in my EG hatch. But how it perform, I have no clude. Never drove my hatch just got it driveable and sold it.

·
Registered
944 Posts
dont buy it
serious

-welds are shit
-runners arent smoth and hat some metal boggers inside
-trumpet is cracket
-injector holes to big or to smal
-fuelrail wont sit straight
-flange need to be milled cause its wraped
-need to be smoth the crossing between runner and flange (include welding inside)
-need to be strip down the ,,crome,, cause the paint already feel off

serious, thats what i get in one Manifold :-(
better buy an real thing and save your self from sleepless nights and worrys that your car start to burn cause the injector holes or fuelrail not like they should be

·
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys..... OBX IM will not be bought!

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
stock manifold !!! unless you are boosting or p/p head w cam. its pointless. search and see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts