Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i picked up my winter project today. a jdm d15b vtec motor and trans. it doesnt have an intake mani on it. but i have an obx intake mani laying here. is it worth the time to put it on and run it. and will it hurt my power any over a z6 or y8 mani. my build will consist of:

TT rods,
vitara pistons,
arp head studs.
ram horn manifold.
RC 440s
.48 .60 60 trim turbo. (most likely)
ebay wastegate
3 inch charge piping(already on the car)
29x9x3 intercooler("")
RFL bov
GM 3bar map
b-series tb
3in dp and exhaust.
tuned with crome pro(street tuned by me, maybe fully tuned by 5Speed4life)

my goal is 350 street hp on 93 octane. i think its doable with this setup.
eventually, i will build the z6 head i have laying in my shed, get an lsd and some slicks

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont see any reason not to......run whatcha brung...:TU:
thats what im thinking. im just wondering if the shitty obx product flows anybetter than the z6 or y8

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
I read somewhere that OBX IM's dont clear the master cylinder too well. But i'm pretty sure it was just EF's that where the problem.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read somewhere that OBX IM's dont clear the master cylinder too well. But i'm pretty sure it was just EF's that where the problem.

ya it fits fine in an eg. i pulled it off of a mini me that was in my friends 4 dr. he turned a rod bearing and i traded him my B8 for the whole motor. then i sold the block and head. so now i have have an IM laying here.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
only thing its good for is to be cut and used for an itb flange lol
put it on ebay and some ricer will buy it for alot
i've also thought about doing a ITB and Turbo setup. but i lost interest cause i have read that it yould be hard to tune. i might sell it. i just need another manifold to put on. cause all i have laying around are dx and cx IMs and those would definately hurt the performance

·
Registered
869 Posts
:eek: so you finally are going back to d-series :TU: after all you did talk me into staying true to the d-series way:TU:

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya its laying in the garage. d15b motor and trans. i think i am still going to keep the ls and build it within the next couple of years. shooting for 600 hp on race gas with stock sleeves. but thats a long ways away. so it will probably sit in the garage for the next year and not do anything.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well this one is a free manifold for me. anyone want to trade a z6 or a y8 manifold for it. PM to you bone

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so anyone else got any input. or should i sell it and get a z6.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'll give you 30 bucks shipped for it, or you send me that one and i'll send you mine, z6,

i cover shipping
let me sleep on it. ill let you know in the morning.

·
Registered
a car
862 Posts
i had a obx intake manifold in my crx.. have to clearance for the master cylinder/ pain to get at the mounting bolts other than that no complaints

1 - 18 of 18 Posts