Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
They are the same cam as Skunk2. They could possibly be the EXACT cam Skunk2 has, just without the name, and packaging. If I had money, I would seriously consider getting it.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good luck if you do it - but I won't let ANYTHING obx touch my car... it might be half the price of the skunk2 but if it only lasts 2 months you'll know why...

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
there was a thread on honda tech that was comparing the two, the obx and skunk2 were exactly the same, same lifts and durations. there was also a thread on the obx lsd differentials, and from what the guys testing them say, they are actually really good lsd's.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya.. i read that threat on H-T as well... i already have a JG cam... i just came across this and was curious...

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
ekny8 said:
^^ yea but comp makes zex and comps pretty reputable. if obx makes the cam i'd think it over for a while.
Comp Cams and ZEX is the same company!!!!!!! ZEX started out as their import parts line-up, but the N20 kits work into V8-s as well.

Lets see from memory, Comp = 3417 Democrat, ZEX = 3419 Democrat.

EDIT: I was close 3406 and 3418 Democrat Road, Memphis TN.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
ryan89crx said:
there was also a thread on the obx lsd differentials, and from what the guys testing them say, they are actually really good lsd's.
speaking of this...does anyone know if obx makes a lsd for the d-series trannys, or are they only for the Bs?

·
Premium Member
Civic turbo Hx/Ex
18,609 Posts
I dono about OBX, to me OBX is like store bought brand food.

You have Kellogg’s raisin brand, then you have store brand of the same thing to include ingredients.

Only thing different between the 2 is you know in a day or so you will shit out the raisin brand. If you don't like it then it’s only a few dollars lost that you flushed!

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
rexinre said:
Only thing different between the 2 is you know in a day or so you will shit out the raisin brand. If you don't like it then it’s only a few dollars lost that you flushed!
Is that what tyou think???

Store brands are typically like the Isuzu Rodea/Honda Passport, or the Mitsubishi Eclipse and the Eagle Talong, or Mitsubishi Starion/Chrysler Conquest. Yup, thats right, rebadged product by the same company.

Wal-mart ravioli=Chef Boyardee

:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts