Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've got a problem, my D16Y8 is built with 13.1 to 1 comp, comp stage 2 cam w/ springs, port match and polish, I have two intake setups first is Y8 mani with gsr throttle body, second is a set of cbr954 throttle bodies with all parts to keep obd2 happy. Now I need to know if anyone on here can program with a obd2 ecu, or will the e-manage compensate for the itbs? I would like to keep it where I can get it inspected without it running like crap or having to swap manifolds each year. Also I already have a chipped and modded P06 and obd1 conversion.
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
like i said already have full obd1 conversion w/ crome, need obd2 so it will pass inspection!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, that is a pain in the ass that I don't want to deal with, any other tuning options for the itbs?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
i dont think youl pass with itbs on it... just swap manifolds and call it a day. or hook up some circuit to think the obd2 ecu is doing stuff and have the obd1 ecu control the engine. obd2 ecu gets face signals and therefore they can run the diagnostic lol...

kinda like the megasquirt has a board for testing

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes I have talked to the inspectors that I deal with and they said as long as all the sensors work and there are no trouble codes then it will pass, they said is just like installing a aftermarket manifold.

·
Registered
97' Civic
723 Posts
yea, that is a pain in the ass that I don't want to deal with, any other tuning options for the itbs?
pain in the ass to pull an intake manifold?

i HIGHLY DOUBT you can run an itb setup on an obd2 setup. You will have to convert over to obd1 and tune.

thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
Imo tuning itbs can be done via. Afc or greddy... both ways are not the best....

To see the gains you will have to not only have them tuned right but even angled and smoothly for you head... on something like this the coolness factor goes out the window. A plenum stup will yield you better all pver (retaining obd-II)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts