Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, im dropping a z6 into my 1996 ej coupe and need a conversion harness for my dizzy..rather than buying one id really like to have a go myself..ive seen a few how tooos but cant find one for mine, anyone got any links or know what i need to do??

any help greatly appreciated cheers tom :)

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
colors matched for mine... but i still just bought the obd2 to obd1 dizzy plug from rewire.com looks alot cleaner and you dont have to hack up your harness

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats some great info guys thanks ever so much, ive done it now so will get some pics up soon :) dont know what id do without d-series.org! thanks tom

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
funny thing is guys my no1 on the obd2a pic is blank with a wire benieth where on the diagram is plugged?lol a bit odd ..

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
i followed the diagram civic spoon posted. tho it took me 2 distributors lol i got it right. my colors didnt match either. i had a obd2 one with me apart looking at the sensors the wires came from. on the first distributor it ran fine for a day. then i had CYP sensor problems. car would limp i just turn off and back on. then i got another dizzy and worked fine after i realised i swapped positive and ground lol.

if you look at the above and think in the way that between obd2 and obd1 they just made it one plug. you can depin obd1 and put it in the same slot on the obd2 and power goes to the bottom 2 holes.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks bro some great advice there, still a little confused about the de pinning?? do i have to de pin anything? i cut my plug off my obd2a dizzy and cut a plug off my obd1 spare harness..these are what im working with..i no what you mean they look simular just confused about the de plugging and if i have to do so;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts