Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently picked up a 98’ Integra motor to swap into my 00 hatch while my other motor is being built, so I’ve got a few questions about what can be used.

So I know the motor I just got is obd2a and my car is obd2B I also have an obd2B manual Integra ECU and a manual 99-01 Crv harness which I know will work for the built motor being its OBD2B.

I'm wondering what harness can I use, thinking an obd2a civic harness (non-vtec) and cutting up that one to make it work if it’s possible, and then using a jumper harness to the ECU and dizzy if needed? I’ve got everything else to finish the swap just the wiring confused me and I haven’t seen anyone throw an obd2a motor in a car that’s obd2B and not have a completely confusing write up for it

Anything that's going to be able to help me out will be greatly appreciated

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,463 Posts
use the harness you have.....swap sensors if needed. why make it harder than you have to?
the engine doesnt know/care what chassis its in. thats the ecu's job. either find an obd2a ecu, or get a jumper harness.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
use the harness you have.....swap sensors if needed. why make it harder than you have to?
the engine doesnt know/care what chassis its in. thats the ecu's job. either find an obd2a ecu, or get a jumper harness.
I was asking more so because I’ve heard before you can’t use the obd2B harness on an obd2a engine that was my confusion I know I need either a different dizzy or a different plug, and do I need to run a jumper harness since I would be using the obd2b harness ? I’m using a manual 99-01 crv harness and a 01 Integra manual ecu

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
The engine itself is likely identical OBD2a to OBD2B, outside of potentially a knock sensor.

Check for the knock sensor location. If there is a difference, Honda is still usually good for at least having the boss or casting location there to be drilled and tapped.

On some of their engines, the knock sensor location is already drilled and tapped, and simply is not used. Good idea then, to clean it very well, and use a small precision pick tool to clean any built up garbage out of the hole.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts