Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swapping a Z6 into my 97 HX, D16Y5. Using my existing OBDII harness

This sensor is connected to a vacuum line on the back side of the intake manifold. It doesn't look like there is a connector for it to plug into on my OBDII harness. I checked the Honda service manual and can't seem to figure out what this is, or if I need it.

Can anyone identify it? Or if it is needed? Any help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
that is the evap purge solenoid for obd1.....the obd2 harness does not have a plug for the one...iirc you need to use the one form the y5 thats on the fuel rail....

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
you can ditch the cannister and solenoid, your obd1 ecu won't care.
the iat, however, is a different story.
i extended my harness to reach the location on my z6 IM.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I left the Z6 TA sensor unplugged, but still in the intake manifold, and I just hooked my existing IAT sensor up, which is located in the intake piping (pre throttle body). Seems to be working fine. It is reading accurately in eCtune.

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
I left the Z6 TA sensor unplugged, but still in the intake manifold, and I just hooked my existing IAT sensor up, which is located in the intake piping (pre throttle body). Seems to be working fine. It is reading accurately in eCtune.
i assume you will be boosting soon.
imo, (others here will no doubt disagree), the z6 IM's iat is better for boosted setups.

·
Registered
487 Posts
What others have also done is get a IAT from the B20 CRV with pigtail and screwed it into a bolt that is welded to the charge pipe. Since the stock Civic IAT tends to pop out under higher boost levels. Benefit to doing this is, it doesn't get heat soaked like the z6's IAT.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Indeed I am going to turbo the car, after I break it in N/A. I will keep both of those options in mind when it comes time to assemble the rest of the turbo kit. Thanks for the heads up :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts