Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a skunk2 p28 and a conversion harness for my 96 ex3 and was wandering if other than pluging this in, is there any thing else that will have to done to make it work?

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
everything should work what map is on the ecu?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm not sure what the base map is, i'm guessing z6 but it has a moded skunk2 chip.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
i'm not sure what the base map is, i'm guessing z6 but it has a moded skunk2 chip.
It would be the z6, all of those chips are the same. They put out a lot of timing and to much fuel, if it was crome or uber then you could put your own basemaps on it and get it running the way you want...

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
is it real skunk2 or ebay chip with a skunk2 sticker that just dumps fuel and lets you rev the shit out ofit?

Reactions: Sohc Wrath

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
its a real skunk2, i got used off my friend who bought it from skunk, but would it be a good idea to up a vafc on top of it to fine tune the fuel flow

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
no Vafc if you already have a chipped ecu get crome and a burner from moates and burn your own chip. then you can have launch control and all the other goodies. hell thats the only reason i would convert to obd-1 anyways

1 - 8 of 8 Posts