Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my friends is putting a y7 auto motor with 5 speed 92 dx tranny into his 95 coupe he is going to be using a obd1 harness. so from what i hear he will need to change the altinator wires and distributor wires does anyone have a diagram on which wires are which thanks or would it be better to keep the y7 auto harness and just get a obd2 to ob1 ecu jumper.

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
why not use stock harness for the chassis and keep the obd1 alt and dizzy and not have to swap wires? i had a y7/y8 in my obd0 hatch no problems of swapping wires except extending 2 wires for the fan switch.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why not use stock harness for the chassis and keep the obd1 alt and dizzy and not have to swap wires? i had a y7/y8 in my obd0 hatch no problems of swapping wires except extending 2 wires for the fan switch.
humm good idea and i think he has a obd1 alternator so scratch that out of the list but he does not have a obd1 distributor

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
id bet its easier to find a obd1 dizzy than changing wires and all that. if he gets a obd1 dizzy there will be a sensor by the crank that you wont need at all, just tuck it away or leave it alone all together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts