Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a EK coupe with a blown motor. I have a 1.5 CX motor and the y8 head from the blown motor. Problem, crank angle sensor. I see two solutions. 1 using the y8 oil pump, which sucks, but I cleaned and inspected it. I was thinking about boring it out but then the oil pickup gasket wouldn't fit right, unless just bored that out too.

or 2, get a a6 dizzy and wire the crank angle sensor to the a6 dizzy. which I dont get cause it has 3 wires and the a6 dizzy only has 2 right?

whos done this? what did you do?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
well on my y8 i just boought a ported oil pump for like 160 i think and everything was done as far as gasket and what not if you want ill look for the recipt for it and get you there name.

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hell no, i'm not paying 160 for a ported oil pump. ehhhhh there like 120 new, with gaskets that's actually a pretty good deal. but I already have a good pump, I'll just port it myself.

·
Registered
crx
1,450 Posts
i believe the crank sensor on the y8/7 is for misfire detection. i dont see how you could use an a6 dizzy and still accomplish that with out a CEL. unfortunately i have nothing to offer in advice. maybe try mounting it on the 15 block? how many teeth are there on both crank gears?

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i believe the crank sensor on the y8/7 is for misfire detection. i dont see how you could use an a6 dizzy and still accomplish that with out a CEL. unfortunately i have nothing to offer in advice. maybe try mounting it on the 15 block? how many teeth are there on both crank gears?
o, shit. I didn't take into consideration the teeth on the crank sprockets. fuck, now I don't know if it's going to work. the question is if the y8 sprocket fits on the 1.5 cx motor.

the a6 dizzy should work. the ecu just wants to see input from all the sensors. plus the a6 dizzy mounts right up to the y8 head.

well, what I was thinking is just running the y8 pump and pickup, but I'm going to have to install some stuff on my motor to see if thats going to fit or not, the pickup in particular, cause the pump bolts right up. I might bore out the intake on the pump, and use the 1.5 pickup.

I promise I'll write a sick write up on this build, so everyone can have this info. I'm in unfamiliar waters with EG's and EK's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts