Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
from what i've heard, it doesn't work. this coming from people who really know their stuff. also, i don't know if i'd buy something from somebody who charges WAY over the normal amount for just a regular chipped ecu...

·
Registered
82 Posts
MyblkVTEC said:
wish it would work, save us OBDII guys trouble.....
hell ya! first time i saw it i jumped out my seat. then i heard it couldn't really work due to addressing problems or something like that. man, that was depressing!

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
greenex said:
also, i don't know if i'd buy something from somebody who charges WAY over the normal amount for just a regular chipped ecu...
just a tid bit; in '98 i got my p2e, yes d16y7 ecu chipped by a company called g-force, which later became Hondata...they did not do obd2 ecu work at that time but they had contacts with a company called technosquare who did....and still does for new nissans and toyotas. they totally redid my ecu, deleted the obd2 features, raised the rev limit to 9k, etc. in fact, several people on this board have had this ecu; it's been sold a few times and they will tell you it was successfully chipped....

the problem is...the actual chips were tough to come buy and supposedly are now nearly impossible to come by...and the unit required to do the programming is VERY expensive. so it cost me i believe somewhere in the 200-300 dollar range at the time. it's the nature of the beast, or was the nature of the beast...

·
Registered
82 Posts
builthatch said:
just a tid bit; in '98 i got my p2e, yes d16y7 ecu chipped by a company called g-force, which later became Hondata...they did not do obd2 ecu work at that time but they had contacts with a company called technosquare who did....and still does for new nissans and toyotas. they totally redid my ecu, deleted the obd2 features, raised the rev limit to 9k, etc. in fact, several people on this board have had this ecu; it's been sold a few times and they will tell you it was successfully chipped....

the problem is...the actual chips were tough to come buy and supposedly are now nearly impossible to come by...and the unit required to do the programming is VERY expensive. so it cost me i believe somewhere in the 200-300 dollar range at the time. it's the nature of the beast, or was the nature of the beast...
never said you couldn't chip an obd2, just said i wouldn't trust something coming from somebody who charges like 250 for a chipped p08 when you can get them for almost half elsewhere. but ya, you are correct about it being very expensive and rare to come by the obd2 chipping supplies. i think somebody on pgmfi.org was trying to talk a company into making reburnable chips that would be able to work in the obd2 ecu.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts