Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol ok so im gonna run 3 psi non intercooler on obd2. would the obd2 ecu be able to set parameters for the 3 psi? reason 3psi is cause wastegate opens then. also i dont think i need IC for 3 psi. when i get a boost controller, i will get an IC and get it tuned on crome for about 8 psi. i just want to get it running... also if i have a BOV set to 7 psi and i shut the throttle plate, will it still blow off if the turbo only pumps out 3? like would the boost spike quick when throttle is shut?

·
Random Hero
2,624 Posts
your computer can't see 3psi, well it can, but it wont like it. you'll need to bleed the boost away from the map sensor.

if the wastegate is set at 3, you'll get 3.

crome = obd1.

you'll also run lean @ 3psi, you'll need something to add more fuel. AFC hack or FMU.

·
Random Hero
2,624 Posts
same thing happened with a buddies car I turboed with some half ass ssautochrome rip off kit. wastegate or something was bad, he could only boost 2psi, thing was slow as balls. slower than before.

too bad he didn't pay me enough, so I could fix it...

+1 for another slow turbo b-series!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Just do it right the first time, spend the extra money and get all the proper stuff you need. A good fuel management is the most important, I am using chrome and am very happy with it.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
only reason doing it on obd is cause i had to send my obd1 ecu in cause it was crap. caused a crap load of misfires and i think thats what caused my zc piston to crack.(i wasnt boosting High CR so no worries). i thought 3 psi would be ok cause the stock map sensor is 1.7 bar and 3 is under that?

lol...3psi. Why not just wait until you get your boost controller and IC to install the turbo?
cause i dont got time to get all that... i got school in 2 months, still got to pay off stuff.. maybe ill start to buy the stuff now and come winter break ill install it then.

also i do have fuel management, i used crome when it was high CR, gonna use crome again, but as stated above, the ecu was crap.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
Sohc Wrath said:
Just do it right the first time, spend the extra money and get all the proper stuff you need. A good fuel management is the most important, I am using chrome and am very happy with it.
:TU:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Plus the stock ecu maps stop reading after .3 psi, which is what honda calls ram air. Usually during full accel with a NA motor the pressure in the intake manifold is slightly lower than atmospheric pressure, so the ecu would read 0 boost and close to 0 vacuum, but if you had a slight gust of wind "pressurize" the intake charge it would read more, so hence ram air. Other than that, the .3 boost limit is why people try to get by with fmus and missing links.

·
yellow bar for me
3,572 Posts
stock ecu maps dont have boost settings. your map sensor is fine for say 18 lbs or so. but until you put boost tables into play you cant really use it

1 - 20 of 39 Posts