Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90' crx duh?
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 90' crx dx. i'll be doing my MPFI swap from DPFI. i found a IM from a 93 civic hx. Will that IM work with my OBD0 ECU?

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
Why wouldn't it? BUT isn't it MUCH smaller then a normal IM?

OH and a few of us have a6 IM's laying around ;)
Agreed, might as well go with an A6 manifold. Can be picked up for cheap.

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
I wasn't aware there was an 'hx' model until '96... weird. pics??

·
Registered
90' crx duh?
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
oh ya, its not a true HX model(hf-1???), its the d15b7 OEM IM. i ask because i didn't know if the obd1 sensors would read correctly on a obd0 ECU(pg7). I got this one for cheap, plus it's my daily driver right now, so i'm leaning toward fuel economy rather than picking up HP and TQ. Right now with the DPFI setup it's getting 40+ MPG!!! Can it get any better with MPFI?
Currently my MPFI swap parts consist of: pg7 ecu
p06 IM
89' integra injectors
si wiring harness
civic wagon td03u dizzy
ETC.

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
i have a 89 crx and its running a z6 manifold. the guy i got my car from had put it in. the car runs great but i think i have a bad sensor or something. im not sure how the ports match up cause i never had the manifodl off. but it works well lots of torque. now that ive taken off my cat and installed a turbo muffler to keep the noise down it pulls pretty hard. it came with a socketed PR4 running all OBD1 sensors adnd injectors with no resister box. if your not in a rush to do the mpfi swap i can hook u up with a z6 manifold. i have one thats painted and attached to my uninstalled Z6 head. once i do the head swap ill have no use for the manifold that im pulling with my A6 head.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts