Honda D Series Forum banner

OBD1 and OBD2

6K views 21 replies 3 participants last post by  Toddnos 
p2p is the sohc obd 2 ecu.....I have the obd 2 to 1 conversion harnes and
a p28 ecu for on my 98 ex. Just make sure you get a "virgin" ecu. Not chipped before.........the one I bought isnt virgin, and it dosent work right.
Who knows what it is chipped for........Turbo? Nitrous? who knows. Now in addition to the cost of the ecu, i have to pay for it to be re chipped.

Jaker said:
Toddnos said:
...the one I bought isnt virgin, and it dosent work right.
Who knows what it is chipped for........Turbo? Nitrous? who knows. Now in addition to the cost of the ecu, i have to pay for it to be re chipped.
If you open up your ECU, and look right next to the "Chip", you'll see a component marked "J1". This is a jumper to enable the "chip" section of the circuit board. If you cut this jumper, the ECU will return to stock, and ignore all the "chip" stuff on the board. In the OBD1 ECUs, when you chip them, the stock program stays on the board, and the J1 jumper enables the "chip".
WOW!!! I never knew that........Im gonna go hometoday and open up the ECU. Thanks for the info!!!........will this cause any damage to the ecu, or future chipping capabilities?

I opened up the p28 last night.........everything appeared stock. But what do I know?????????????? I cant find anything........Nothing with a J1 or wires or nada..........Could this be a stock box?????.....Hmmnn what stock p28 revs to 7800??? None i know of, which is what lead me to think its not a "virgin" box......Any ideas Jaker?????

Thanks for the help guys!! I will look today when i get home from work.......im pretty sure that i have a stock p28. My tach isnt off, because
i run my p2p now and it cuts out at its usual 7200 just like always. When the p28 is in it revs to 7800.......soooo which stock p28 revs to 7800....del sol?........Some type of jdm four door civic?? Either way the car runs like shit with it........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.