Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine is being A %$^&* so im just going to swap a ZC into it.

What do I need to do to make this swap work properly? I hope this is possible.

Second can the arp headstuds and my cometic headgasket from my D15B work with the ZC DOHC ODB0 ? thanks I need any ifo possible, I cant seem to find a site outlineing this procedure!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
dude you do know thats illegal, your not allowed to put older motors in newer cars. But you can put newer motors in old cars. So no you cant put a obd-0 in a obd-1 car legally.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
424 Posts
nikon57 said:
My engine is being A %$^&* so im just going to swap a ZC into it.

What do I need to do to make this swap work properly? I hope this is possible.

Second can the arp headstuds and my cometic headgasket from my D15B work with the ZC DOHC ODB0 ? thanks I need any ifo possible, I cant seem to find a site outlineing this procedure!
If you get a OBD1 DOHC ZC it will bolt right in.


The ARPs and the HG will not work on the ZC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
russianswty said:
dude you do know thats illegal, your not allowed to put older motors in newer cars. But you can put newer motors in old cars. So no you cant put a obd-0 in a obd-1 car legally.
That depends on where he lives only the people that have to go through inspections have to worrie about that crap...
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey i also have a 95 civic with the d15b7 would a mini-me swap or a dohc zc be better. I have another d15 and was going to put a d16z6 head on but will a zc make more power?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
They would make simalar power depending on what was done to them but the dohc zc is going to flow better than a sohc...
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can someone please tell me what is needed to be done to get this swap to work then? :)
 

·
Registered
1994 Honda Civic
Joined
·
489 Posts
go to jspecautosports.com... they have the whole swap kit for 1200 plus shipping
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
the DOHC ZC will drop into your car keeping the EX tranny, i dont know where you could get a Hydrolic Clutch ZC trans

you will need to either find a OBD1 ZC intake manifold, or rewire the car for a OBD0 Map Sensor

and you will need to get a OBD1 ZC distrubitor, use your stock injectors and wiring should be a plug and play
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
what is the diffrence on obd-1 and obd-0 dohc ZC distrubitors? why can't you just use the obd-0 dissy with an obd-1 ecu? what if you just re-wire the distrubitor? are there any diffrece with the sensors inside the dissy?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
The differance is thatobd0 does not have the cps inside the distributor its on the exhaust cam where as with obd1 it is inside the distributor. the gear in the distributor is differant also! I just converted my hatch to obd1 and had to buy a obd1 distributor to make it work!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
I can't se how having the cps inside the distributor or on the exhaust cam will make any diffrence. as long as the ecu gets its signal.

what do you meen by the gear is diffrent?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
Go ahead and try it! It won't work! There is a gear inside the distributor and the ecu reads off that and the obd1 gear is different than the obd0 gear! that's the simplest I can explain it!
 

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
Joined
·
3,862 Posts
just get the obd1 acura integra ls dizzy.. its the b18b motor.. it will bolt up im pretty much damn shure.. that has all the sensors...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
siregcivic said:
just get the obd1 acura integra ls dizzy.. its the b18b motor.. it will bolt up im pretty much damn shure.. that has all the sensors...
I'm not sure where you got your info on that but your wrong! A b18 distibutor will not bolt up to a zc! It will not fit!
 

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
Joined
·
3,862 Posts
Volitech said:
I'm not sure where you got your info on that but your wrong! A b18 distibutor will not bolt up to a zc! It will not fit!
ok ya like i said i wasnt shure.. shit.. when i replaced my zc dizzy cap n rotor.. i had to use the 95 integra ls parts because there was nothing else to fit so i just figured that the ls dizzy would bolt up to the dohc zc obd1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Volitech said:
Go ahead and try it! It won't work! There is a gear inside the distributor and the ecu reads off that and the obd1 gear is different than the obd0 gear! that's the simplest I can explain it!
ok, that's all i wanted to hear. thank you.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top