Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have been thinking about doing this swap, I already have the hardest part to do the swap I have the obd1 dizzy. The things im missing are the intake manifold, will the d16z6 intake manifold work will it bolt on? Also as far as trannies clutch and pressure plate go will the parts from the d16z6 work on an obd0 zc I know it works for obd1 ZC's but is the obd0 any diffrent? Also from what I have found on here any non-vtec obd1 ecu will work even my cx correct? Witch would work best? I also have the obd1 mount that gose on the cam gear side. Thanks in advance for the help

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Intake Manifold answer I have been searcing on here and the only IM that works is the DOCH ZC one. Can anyone help me with the other question, will the tranny and other drivetrain parts from the d16z6 bolt on a obd0 zc?

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
I'm sure the Z6 tranny will bolt up to your ZC. Try an OBD1 PR4 Ecu. (92-93 integra ECU). That would probably work best for that motor.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the OBD1 DOHC ZC motor, i'm currently on the issue of whether to buy a OBD0 manifold for $50 or search for a obd1 one. IF come across any info on this, let me know. But otherwise, good luck man.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
civicrider92 said:
I have the OBD1 DOHC ZC motor, i'm currently on the issue of whether to buy a OBD0 manifold for $50 or search for a obd1 one. IF come across any info on this, let me know. But otherwise, good luck man.
You dont have the Intake Manifold? Man I had the ob1 manifold but my dad threw it away like a week ago damn it, I had traded it for my obd0 one. You could alwasy use the obd0 manifold and get the map sensor from an ef and mount that on your firewall its vacume hose driven, untill you could find and obd1 IM but you would also have to change the Injectors to obd1. Or you could use the obd0 IM swap the injectors to obd1 and try and find an obd1 Throttle body that fits.

I belive the hydro si/ex tranny will work for me but im gonna be like you looking for the manifold.

·
Registered
643 Posts
To RUN the NON OBD DOHC in an OBD-1 car
you'll need the basics
OBD-1 ECU
OBD-1 DOHC ZC Distributor

everything else can be manipulated.
ON the OBD-1 cars most run MAP off the TB, but you can relocate yours to the Firewall.
Injectors, you can run your stock OBD-1 Injectors

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could I chip my current CX ecu with a P29 progam I know people do that with the dx ecu but is the CX any diffrent?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts