Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a lot of people with obd0 have thought about this or maybe there not even aware that there's programs to tune obd0.

OBD0 Has just had a huge makeover and it works excellent. There's IAT and ECT enrichment. I haven't had a chance to use it, so I can't say how well that works. RTP and Datalogging work great and are easy to use. There's rev limit, target idle, code disable, etc.

OBD1, crome in particular as I haven't really messed with any other obd1 programs does have a few features TE doesn't. like the ability to choose the tps% that you go into open loop, gear fuel trim, injector voltage, and some other advance stuff. but in general I find it a little less user friendly.

Members on here have tuned 300 horse on TE. My personal car runs great on TE.
Anybody else have any other comments that have used both??

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
I have messed with almost all of the tuning software out and i keep coming back saying that crome is the best. Crome is what i started out on so i guess that has something to do with it. I find it very user friendly, it pretty much explains what your looking at in the advanced tables. TE uses some weird numbering for fueling. Plus, OBD-1 is about as close as OBD2 smart-ness as you can get without having to use piggy-backs.

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TE uses injector on time ( aka, duty cycle, milliseconds, pulse width). What the hell are the numbers in crome??? I still haven't figured that out.

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
I recently donated to fastcrxsi90 and TurboEdit. I'm hoping a new true dual-map vtec plugin for TE with a PM6 will be coming out soon. I'd like to be able to just use OBD0 for my A6/Y8 mini-me without all the expense of OBD1 conversion.

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been thinking of me & chris lately? OBD-1 converts...

Yeah, and that ryan and others are running. I've stuck with it as with my knowledge, which I'm trying to learn more, haven't had a problem with TE. My cars not dialed in because of the lack of time I actually spend on it, not because its TE.

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
Hmm. It looks like it had problems and it was left with them. I'll have to just give it a try.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
ive used both and i find ectune with obd1 is leaps and bounds better then TE.

how ever, its also much more expensive.

my car ran boosted for about a year and a half on obd0 with TE and never had a problem. for the price, TE is the SHIT! :) (in a good way, of course, lol)

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
my use with TE was relatively limited. i did use it on 2 different turbo setups of my own, but both were pretty low hp setups. it was also years ago, long before the new developments with it.

as far as Crome goes, i have NO issues with it. tons of little extras to play with, injector scaling for almost every injector on the market, FTL, 3-step, FTS, etc. etc.
i honestly would never go back to obd0 unless it was a new project that was on a serious budget.

i also have a full version of Ectune on my laptop that i will be using to tune a friend's setup. ive only played with it a bit but man does it look nice! ill give some input on that in a month or so, after i play with it

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
my use with TE was relatively limited. i did use it on 2 different turbo setups of my own, but both were pretty low hp setups. it was also years ago, long before the new developments with it.

as far as Crome goes, i have NO issues with it. tons of little extras to play with, injector scaling for almost every injector on the market, FTL, 3-step, FTS, etc. etc.
i honestly would never go back to obd0 unless it was a new project that was on a serious budget.

i also have a full version of Ectune on my laptop that i will be using to tune a friend's setup. ive only played with it a bit but man does it look nice! ill give some input on that in a month or so, after i play with it

you win at posting

1 - 12 of 12 Posts