Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright I am looking into buying a new motor for my car, I want a 1.6l block and matching NONVTEC head. So far the only thing worth purchasing is a sohc zc longblock from an 88-91. I called a semi-local place and they said $425 +(70 for shipping or 4hr round trip for me). This longblock dosent have any manifolds or "extra" parts, only block, head, crankshaft pulley, and maybe distributer.
Ok so if i get this I need to just use the mounts, sensors on my motor now? What about the alternator?? Will mine bolt to the zc block?? Could I just use my b7 cs pulley on the zc to resolve the different ribbed belt/pulleys??

I already know to use my distributor, intake manifold, and headers, tranny, harness, ecu from my b7!

Dont worry about the power steering or ac, I won't have it!

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
yea Hmotorsonline.com FTW! you get almost everything for the same price as the one you mentioned above

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
^ yeah, but shipping is like 1 something. I would call them up and ask about there100% startup guaruntee. Like if you get a cel for x sensor if they will replace it. and if you have to replace the motor. Are they going to pay for the shipping. I mean if they send you a bad motor, pings, or ticks bad or whatever, you have to pay to ship it to get another one. That's not right if you ask me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts