Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i have an 88 civic converted obd-1 with p28 and d15b. i want to learn how to tune using crome. but my first problem is getting everything that i need for datalogging. im wondering what the innovate lm-2 would plug into on my car. so im trying to figure out everything i need and what it does.

thanks

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
moates.net
pgm-fi.org
Lc-1 will work fine. I have a friend running a jaw it works ok and is cheaper. I run a lm-2 it is nice but I tune more then one car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so how does an lm-2 read all of my sensors like map and temp sensor? my cars stock dash harness doesnt have obd port or w/e. thats kind of where im stuck. would using hulog to datalog and emulator to tune then chip burner to burn map, be just as good?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
What you do is data log with freelog, cromepro, neptune, ectune, hondata. Using data from inside the ecu using a hulog,hondalog of the 4 pin header cn2 inside the ecu.

The lm2 monitors voltage out side the ecu by taping into the tp,map........wires then you view that data in log works 3 innovates dataloger, it is not live but a recording. The lm2 has a wide band out put wire you would tap this into the stock o2 sensor wire and output a wide band signal to view in a internal ecu loger.

Ya read a lot more Hondata - Honda ECU Modification and Enhancement has a lot of info to. Same with xenos site.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The way I do it using turboedit is to use the cn2 port(serial port) on the ecu through innovate's logworks application. It should work the same for you on crome. logworks has a plugin for the open source serial port logging that turboedit and crome both use, and interfaces with my innovate wideband on a separate channel.

I use 2 serial port adapters on my laptop, one for the ECU datalogging through a moates hulog, and the other serial port is for the LM-1 wideband. Logworks then takes care of the details, collecting the data from both serial channels and combines them into one coherent log i can tune with that includes all the ecu parameters and the wideband data.

It is a little clutery with 2 serial port adapters, but it works great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts