Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
00 civic.
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
I'm installing my zc in my ek next weekend and I'm just trying to understand the small coolant hose routing. I was given it completely disassembled. There is a total of 10 small ports.
The two on the bottom of the throttle body
Two on the IACV
One on intake manifold
One on the back of the block under the intake manifold
Two on either ends of the water pump tube
Two on oil cooler.

I've searched and couldn't find it all. Only bits and pieces.

Here's my thought:
From the intake manifold ---> throttle body
Throttle body ---> IACV
IACV ---> back of engine block
Then:
Water pump tube port on left ---> oil cooler
Oil cooler ---> waterpump tube port on right.

I can get a picture if necessary but I hope my explanation will suffice.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Hope this makes sense.

Also I am not sure about the nipple under the IM that goes into the block. Looks like its a PCV vent hole, but I cant be sure.

If its a coolant port, then what you want to do, is run coolant from that port, into the oil cooler, and then the oil cooler to the water pipe. That would leave you one port open on the water pipe, which would be for the coolant that goes through the IM accessories, which I told drew X's over because you dont absolutely need coolant going to them unless its very cold where you are.

·
Registered
00 civic.
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man. I like the way the last one looks. And yeah the port on the back of the block goes right into the water jacket.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Go with version two. All those green lines can really be routed any way you want as long as the start is the little nipple from the IM and the end is the water pipe.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
ALright I was up last night tossing and turning because I didnt like the last picture I drew. Heres version three, the final edit. Lol.

Feel free to circulate around the internet. Lols :D

·
Registered
00 civic.
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is an obd0 motor from 1990. I'm not sure either it's my first zc.
Thank you FarmerD! Hope you didn't lose too much sleep over it. I'm losing sleep counting down the days till the weekend.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Why have I never seen that port ontop of the water pipe and under the i/m, ive had 2 dohc zc's.

Just curious
Its probably an oil cooler specific port. Thats why I had to draw three versions of this damn picture! lol.

·
Registered
00 civic.
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm like 99.9% sure it's for coolant. I'll unscrew it and shine a flashlight up in there just to make sure. Or blast some air in there and see where it comes out.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
If it goes into an oil drain jacket, its a PCV port. You should be able to shine a light in there and if its brown from oil stains you should be able to tell pretty easily.

If it goes into the coolant jacket, its for coolant.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts