Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, right now i have a d16y8 with the engine harness and corresponding ecu, and i am going to drop it into an eg civic. my question is, will i need to use a jumper harness for the swap? i was told i wouldnt because i am using the the y8 harness with the y8 ecu, but then some people have told me that i will need to fix the pinouts for the wiring behind the firewall.. im really confused, can someone enlighten me? thanks:)

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,902 Posts
what obd do u want to run? you can run the y8 and be obd1 still and just use the p28 ecu.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, i just want whatever is the lesser hassle, im assuming changing it to obd2 so i dont have to change the sensors and stuff?

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,902 Posts
its more than likely easier to go obd1 bc ur car is already obd1, u can run the b7 dizzy, p28 ecu, and run the vtec wires. alot easier than getting the obd1-obd2 conv. harness and then having to put it on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but for the y8 wont i also have to change the sensors and stuff to run obd1? also i dont know if theres a big difference, but can i run my b8 dizzy?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bump, still confused on this topic :(

to run obd1 on it, so far ive gathered i'll need an obd1 dizzy,alterator,ecu, and thats it, still not informed enough- help =/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts