Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have swapped my d series over to MPFI using a y8 mainfold. the injectors i have are OBD1 i believe. I looked them up and they are 5CC bigger than the stock OBD0 injectors. I think these are 240 and the OBD0 are 235CC. The vehicle runs a little rich. Will getting the correct injectors help or will it not make a differnece or am i wasting my time. The engine is bone stock. 91 hatch d15.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
I have swapped my d series over to MPFI using a y8 mainfold. the injectors i have are OBD1 i believe. I looked them up and they are 5CC bigger than the stock OBD0 injectors. I think these are 240 and the OBD0 are 235CC. The vehicle runs a little rich. Will getting the correct injectors help or will it not make a differnece or am i wasting my time. The engine is bone stock. 91 hatch d15.
If they are stock civic injectors they are both 240cc(unless they are 190cc)

Like beerdrinkin said, are you wired for obd1 or 0bd0?

obd0 ecu requires a resistor box

obd1 ecu requires no resistor box

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im wired for OBD0 right now with a pm6 ecu. I will get the resistor box and wire it in. I was just curious about the Injector size and if it would help my rich running concern.

·
Registered
889 Posts
The injector sizes are the same 240cc.

If you are running OBD1/2 injectors, do not use a resister box. If you are running OBD0 injectors, wire in the resister box asap. Does not matter what OBD you are running for your ECU, only the injectors matter for use of the resister box.

You should however ensure you have connected the wires the right way to "delete" the resister box. I know when you have the resister box, all the wires going into the resister box are simply wired together instead of going into the box.

What makes you think you are running "a little rich". Do you have a wideband O2 hooked up to see the afr?

The stock PM6 does run rich with a D16A6, it's possible you're running a little more rich since the D15 has a smaller cam but firstly why do you think you're running rich?

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
If you are running OBD1/2 injectors, do not use a resister box. If you are running OBD0 injectors, wire in the resister box asap. Does not matter what OBD you are running for your ECU, only the injectors matter for use of the resister box.

You should however ensure you have connected the wires the right way to "delete" the resister box. I know when you have the resister box, all the wires going into the resister box are simply wired together instead of going into the box.
This is what I was really getting at in my first post but didn't feel like typing it all out lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts