Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2000 honda civic lx
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently installed aftermarket header on 00 civic so of course it threw codes...yet I saw some other things on scanner wasn't 100? sure of....I know. Let me know if you understand any of this...yes it's cheap scanner. Did attempt to extend old o2 sensor but I guess no go...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
as long as everything is connected properly, the ecu does not care you put a header on there.

becasue you extended it, I assume this is a d16y7 engine?

I bought an O2 extension harness off ebay, it was a garbage piece of shit.

Find 2jzdreamin on here, have him make you a proper high quality extension harness.

His work speaks for himself, its fantastic

·
Registered
2000 honda civic lx
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah d16y7 had sensor going into cat and one on down pipe new header only had room for one

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
the header probably has a second o2 port near the collector. every single ebay 4-2-1 does. dunno if he went with the 4-1 from someone, those sometimes dont have a second o2 port

OP, what header?

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
have a second o2 bung welded on. throw it on the single pipe piece.

is it the ebay style with the 2 spring bolt holders in front of motor?

if the bung is welded on the beginning of the single pipe piece, you wont even need an extension harness, just a high temp wire wrap, like for spark plug wires on the domestic V8s

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Freeze frame data is the shit for fixing cars. I didnt even know this shit existed 4 years ago. Hah

·
Registered
98 Civic LX
175 Posts
The second O2 comes after the cat..... The headers i assume donot have a cat built into them...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts