Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i i just did a full tune up on my rex due to i was going to NY to pick up my daughter for the summer. so i change the my plugs, wires, oil cange, oil filter, short ram intake with a AEM filter, new dist due to i sheared the rotor screw in it and a O2 sensor.

anyway i've been getting a O2 code for sometime so i knew i've needed a new O2 sensor. so i broke down and go one. now i want to make this clear i've never changed an O2 sensor, but i knew to reset my code i diconnected my power cable. anyway i rode the car for several says no problem. now as i started on my venture to NY i threw another code. no problem when i shut the car off it went away then i started driving again it it kept coming again.

so my question why do i keep getting a O2 sensor code? and why do it returns when myu car has been running for a while?(in the sense of driving a long in the heat?)

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
was it a new o2 or one of the re manufactured ones

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a brand new bosch O2

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
hmmm idk man how many times did you try reseting the ecu. i'd disconnect the negative terminal for about 20seconds see if it comes on again

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
what code is it throwing?

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did you start getting codes after the install of the intake?
i've had the code since i bought the car.

what code is it throwing?

O2 code. 1 hard blink.(i think that was i was told before.)

ah fuck i just readed this:

O2 sensors do not wear out... they fail due to contamination.

Silcon Depostits (from using gasket sealents that are not O2 safe)
Solvents, Lubricants, Cleaners, Adhesives
Gasoline Additives - i used Lucas injector cleaner(could this be the reason?)
Lead
Carbon Deposits (rich condition)
Engine Oil (burning or spilling) - there was oil in the sprk plug sleeves. i have bad gasket so it does bleed a bit of oil.
Anti-Freeze (blown head gasket)
Clogged External Air Vents (dirt, ect...)
Running Lean (too much heat)

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
bump for you. i had this problem also when i had a bad one in my hatch i swapped it out for the new one i put in my old rex. kept getting the 02 code. i swapped the ecu from the rex to the hatch and it went away. but for the most part i have/had the same problem as you. now it only comes on when i leave it in gear and slow down using the gears and not the brakes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts