Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Once again, I need your help. :neutral:
Basically, I have my check engine light on because I don't have a cat. I was planning on slipping on a hi flow cat, but could not decide if I should buy one with the o2 bung or not. The reason being that I thought my headers only had a place for one sensor so I was planning on putting the second one in the cat. It turns out, I was looking through my engine bay and found that my headers actually do have one sensor at the top near the block and the other one at the end where it should have been connected with the cat. So now my question is how does my computer know if I don't have a cat since the second o2 sensor is actually plugged in behind where the cat should have been? Could it be that one of the sensor is actually bad? What if I add the hi flow cat without the bung (since the 2nd sensor is connected after all), do you think that will cure the problem, which I don't because the cat would go connected to the bottom end of the headers? Thanks for your help guys.

Sincerely,
Richie

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Somehow my post got knocked off the new post section, that's weird...anyway, thanks for your help guys....

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone please...

·
0 Posts
well you need to diagnose the problem more, i cant think of anything that would help, but if you do get a cat or resonator in there it is going to quiet your exhaust down.

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
Hey there is a cool product out there for 30$ to bypass the cats o2 sensor..
It works great for anyone with a turbo that dosent live in California...(sorry guys)
or all motor with a straight b-pipe
this thing is quiet simple Hope it helps..good luck

www.o2simulator.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts