Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97' Civic EJ9
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I own a 97' EJ9, D14A4 engine, my check engine light goes on couple of minutes after I start my ride, if I turn the engine off and start it again the check engine light remain off, my mechanic told me to check the o2 sensor but I don't know where it's located, and if I have 1 or 2 sensors, also I couldn't find OBD1/2 connector to check the code for the engine light
So anybody can help me and guide where it should be located? And how to check if the sensor is good

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
It says your engine/car is obd2 on wikipedia but we don't have those engines here in the US. If it is obd2 then it will have 2 o2 sensors with 4 wires each (at least in the US), one before the catalyst and one after it.

·
Registered
97' Civic EJ9
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It says your engine/car is obd2 on wikipedia but we don't have those engines here in the US. If it is obd2 then it will have 2 o2 sensors with 4 wires each (at least in the US), one before the catalyst and one after it.
as far as i know, I checked on the web, and I searched my car, I don't have OBD II connector, the Car is European Market so its a bit diiferent from the CX/DX in the US

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I search, therefore I am.

I believe this should cover the D15Z4 (it covers the D14A4, which is similar in component location). I checked the D14Z2 to make sure they didn't change anything for 2000 and the locations are the same. (The D14A4 and D14Z2 are 1.4i engines used in the UK.)

One mounted to the side of the bottom of the exhaust manifold.
One mounted on the rear of the catalytic converter.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/o2-sensor-2749896/

·
Registered
93 maybe 94 coupe
289 Posts
If u only have 1 and it's after the converter something isn't correct there

1 - 8 of 8 Posts