Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sup fellas, Im wondering how far away you guys weld your O2 sensor bung for the STOCK honda 02 sensor. im reading my UEGO wideband controller directions and they are telling me to put the wideband sensor atleast 32 inchs away from the turbo. I have seen pics of the O2 bung welded really close to the turbo for the #1 Honda 02 sensor.. how close can i put it to the turbo housing without overheating the sensor? Thanks, Jason

This question is about the honda 02 not the wideband..

update: I copy n pasted this from the speedfactory.com website
( You NEED to have an o2 bung in the downpipe/header in order for me to tune your car. On a turbo car i prefer the o2 bung to be at least 10 inches away from the turbine housing discharge and at least 1 foot from the opening of the exhaust. )

From what i understand it will be fineto weld the 1st o2 sensor bung 1ft away from the turbo housing..

If i dont get any replys from you guys i guess ill call speedfactory tomorrow and talk to them about it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mines is right before the cat. If you seen ebay header. Then you will know there is a hole right there before the cat by the axle.
My wb is welds up 12 o clock and my stock is welded about 3o clock and 1inch in front.

Your stock sensor is welded 1 inch from the turbo? im confused lol i understand you use the wideband right b4 the cat..

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Your stock sensor is welded 1 inch from the turbo? im confused lol i understand you use the wideband right b4 the cat..
lol :p no i just suck at explaining.

Both stock and wideband are weld just before the cat flange. They are about 1inch apart. Wideband at 12o clock, and stock at about 3-4oclock.

better pix. I need to repaint my pipe and weld a leak tho

I believe it is best to have the o2 at less 18inch from the turbo. Since the turbo will make the exhuast hotter and you dont want the senor to burn out.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help.

I guess the best setup is 10 to 18 inches from the turbo housing for the stock o2 and 32 to 36 inches for the wideband it sounds like.

Speedfactory is local for me ill just call em tomorrow to make sure b4 i weld em up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts