Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so today i put the bank 2 O2 sensor (after cat) on my car because it was missing for some reason. i put it on and cleared the CEL from when it was missing the sensor. then i started up the car and got a different CEL, this time its for "02 heater circuit malfuction".

what does this mean??? is a brand new sensor so idk what the problem is

i did use the one for an OBD1 civic because the one for mine is hella expensive!!! could this be the problem??? they look the same to me and it plugged right in.

oh yeah this is on my EM1

thanks for any input guys

·
Registered
00 civic
371 Posts
I belive the one after the cat and the obd1 are diff, cause obd1 is only one o2 were obd2 is two o2's.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I belive the one after the cat and the obd1 are diff, cause obd1 is only one o2 were obd2 is two o2's.
yeah but they look identical to me, the only difference was the part number and like 200 dollars more on the price!!! :mad:

·
Registered
809 Posts
what about trying switching the two bc obd1 only uses 1 o2 but is in the header or downpipe....then put ur obd2 one in the converter..just an idea..might not work, but to tell ya the truth i bought 2 new ntk ones for my '96 civic on ebay for about $55 a piece

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what about trying switching the two bc obd1 only uses 1 o2 but is in the header or downpipe....then put ur obd2 one in the converter..just an idea..might not work, but to tell ya the truth i bought 2 new ntk ones for my '96 civic on ebay for about $55 a piece
thats a great idea!!!! if the code changes to bank one after i move the sensor then that means the sensor doesnt work on ODB2

thanks man!!!! ur a genius!!!!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone one else???

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump

anymore ideas before i start to dig into this problem???:confused:

·
My 91 Crx Hf
97 Civic Coupe
2,164 Posts
i changed the o2 sensors on my mom sienna and changed the wrong one the first time (using a bosch universal one), so I put the old one where the blown one was and everything worked out fine
basically what im saying is there both might be the same...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts