Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a 96 turbo civic with a custom down pipe i need to know exactly where i neeed to have the o2 sencers and the wideband. as my car is a obd2 i have 2 sencers help please

·
Registered
414 Posts
okay just in case you were wondering its "sensors"

also what management are you running on obdII?? that worries me

for the narrowbands, set them up how they are normally.... 1 before the cat, 1 after......

wideband, ive seen some up to 3 inches away from the turbo, mine is right past the oil pan, the only reason you would want to go close to the turbo is to eliminate the chance of a skewed reading because of exhaust leaks

·
Boost Gets You Laid
4,402 Posts
Please don't say you're running a RRFPR and no real engine management.

Your stock o2 sensors sould be like tits on a nun

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
um if your tuned....you would have o2 sensors disabled....therefor you need none.....the put your wideband 6in away from the turbo back to the stock location behind the oil pan...if you put the sesor to close to the turbo the extremely high heat will burn threw sensors the father you get the less acurate the reading from my understanding

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay just in case you were wondering its "sensors"

also what management are you running on obdII?? that worries me

for the narrowbands, set them up how they are normally.... 1 before the cat, 1 after......

wideband, ive seen some up to 3 inches away from the turbo, mine is right past the oil pan, the only reason you would want to go close to the turbo is to eliminate the chance of a skewed reading because of exhaust leaks
i dont have a cat on the car.... also as far as management havent desided yet car is not being driving... was thinking hondata s300 converting to obd1 but kinda on a budget.. any cheaper alternatives

·
Registered
225 Posts
You have to convert to obd1 for tuning anyway. Unless you get an obd2 aem box, which is a bunch more then s300. Dont worry about other o2 sensors. Just have a bung welded in for the wideband.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts