Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to find something about that and I've find almost nothing.

What is the quality of NPR versus YCP p29 pistons, there is somebody got issue with one of them ? They are all made in taiwan anyways they are sold from japan ! I know that much of you use YCP with g16 vitara setup but I haven't seen ycp p29.

Also, what about the quality of hasting vs npr rings set ?

NPR are much cheaper than Yong Chiang Piston, that why I ask about that. Or I must invest for YCP pistons with hasting rings set ?

Thank you guys !!

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
http://www.ycpiston.com.tw/p1.html

maybe help

Nippon Vitaras are NOT Teflon Coated as the YCP

Nippons are not made of the same material as the YCP's. YCP's are stronger and made of a diferent aluminum cast(AC8 Grade)
SOrry dude, vitara ycp aren't all coated. I bought a set 4 months ago, and they were aluminum only, not teflon coated.

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
from what i have read from fjt, and teh interwebz. that is one of the differentiating factors between the two companies i may be wrong.

·
Registered
857 Posts
yea YCP pistons are not coated. I bought Vitaras for a fried and PM3 for myself, no coatings at all, plain aluminum.

Got NPR rings for friend, Hastings for me. I binned the Hastings rings immediately. Reason; radial tension is super stiff, and they were chrome plated. Read they're high-friction rings. I got some low-tension ductile-moly racing rings for my engine.. :)

NPR rings felt ok and "normal", I'd have used them.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
id go ahead adn ask FJT or edd and see what they have to say about this topic

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
id go ahead adn ask FJT or edd and see what they have to say about this topic
Ive tried to mail him 3 times, and no fucking answer.

If he don't reply me back soon, I'll buy my things elsewhere, I don't fucking care.

·
Registered
EK 96
422 Posts
I will not use niether of them I used the nippons and they ran on me on broke and now I am rebuilding the engine and maybe going .20 n the block for using those pistons.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
???

I won't buy forged for NA setup. I wan't to know how many people have good experiece and bad experience from both of them.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ive used npr pm3's in three different builds(just stock rebuild) and they all still run fine with no issues. Ill be ordering a set of pm7's to run in a 14:1 1.5 build before to long, hopefully it stays together long enough I can tear it down next winter to see how the piston skirts look.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Ben (fooker) swears by YCP pistons, i havent heard anything bad about them so i wont comment on them. But what i will ask is Why not go forged on N/A? if anything natrually asperated engines have even more pressure and abuse put on the pistons. And pistons are the last place you want to skimp on.

Im using nippon p29's I may have broken ring lands (and cracked rings for all i know) cylinder 3 and 4 have low compression wich is causing a mess of problems with my idle and starting. Another user (allmotorsohc i belive) also had some broken ringlands on his p29's.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Ben (fooker) swears by YCP pistons, i havent heard anything bad about them so i wont comment on them. But what i will ask is Why not go forged on N/A? if anything natrually asperated engines have even more pressure and abuse put on the pistons. And pistons are the last place you want to skimp on.

Im using nippon p29's I may have broken ring lands (and cracked rings for all i know) cylinder 3 and 4 have low compression wich is causing a mess of problems with my idle and starting. Another user (allmotorsohc i belive) also had some broken ringlands on his p29's.

interesting. so npr suck then? are the vitara's p29's coated the same w/ the semi forge etc. ??

I resuerected this thread from the dead, cause I was really curious about the npr turbo pistons. if there equal to the vitara capable of 300+ WHP ?

·
Registered
Honda Civic Coupe
149 Posts
... But what i will ask is Why not go forged on N/A? if anything natrually asperated engines have even more pressure and abuse put on the pistons. And pistons are the last place you want to skimp on.
Again, glad to read that.
I'll stick with my forged ones...right on!

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
well, im using NPR P29's and hastings rings...i'll let you know how they do when i get my A6 together.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts