Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1995 civic ex 4dr
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive chosen the npr p29 for my d16z6 build, my question is what everything will have to do to my block to make them work with d16z6 head with stage 2 cam, I will b claying for clearance, and I heard that polishing the top of the pistons helps prevent detonation a little is that true?
and I have a 76mm head gasket 0.030 thickness cometic brand. will it work with 75.5mm bore or 76 will be required and if 76mm is required where can I find npr p29 76mm pistons , ebay I found they offer only .50 bigger.
and on ebay they do come with same brand rings, but I heard hasting's are much better.
And when balancing crack what everything should I have it balance with

im open to any help advice , wise criticism anything that would help me get it done right the first time.

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
Define "stage 2 cam" your head gasket will be fine. Npr rings are great rings actually. They make 76mm pistons. You dont have to modify anything to make the pistons work.

·
Registered
1995 civic ex 4dr
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Define "stage 2 cam" your head gasket will be fine. Npr rings are great rings actually. They make 76mm pistons. You dont have to modify anything to make the pistons work.
its an akmee type s cam, they are very very identical to crower stage 2 maybe a tad bit more agressive

·
Registered
1995 civic ex 4dr
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so 76mm NPR pistons on 76mm block would work just fine of d16z6 head
and would i have to mill block or head or anything
, i will be taking out bare minimum to make clean fresh surfaces

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
I took .020 off my head before my valves started touching with a 59500. I had my pistons fly cut and now they have tons of room for the valves.

·
Registered
1995 civic ex 4dr
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I was going go for pg6 but im not sure they will work at 76mm
Maybe im wrong, not sure, and I cant find any thats only reason I chose p29

·
Registered
1995 civic ex 4dr
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
be more specific , about crank not crack lol is do I balance it by its self or with flywheel and crank pulley or with just crank pulley only

1 - 20 of 23 Posts