Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Soon to be all black
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Here's what I got. A shitty audio system. I need advise on what is good and what to steer clear of. I want one 15, or one really good 12. I also plan on staying with the size of the speakers inthe rear behind the seats, and inthe door panels. I think they are 5.25 or 6.25. something like that. Any recommendations? How about amps? I've got some old amps, but they suck. I don't want my speakers freaking loud, just want it to soound really good. And it wont be for competition either. Just something I can enjoy while driving down the road without my ears ringing/having a headache.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
paging duck, bone and bizzar on this. lol. well i know for a fact what duck will say cause it seems he can't stop preaching it. "stage sound, stage sound, stage sound". lol.

·
Registered
Soon to be all black
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
first things first year and style i know you have an ex but hb, coupe, sdn.
I have a 2 door coupe.

Second, I was looking thru cructhfield awhile back, and saw that they have "kick panels" for my car. 1995 by the way. It adds 2 more speakers, while looking stock. Is there anything else like that? I want to stay as stock looking as possible. But, I want it to sound pretty balanced.

Next, I got a cheapy looking cd player. I had a really expensive one in there, someone stole it. Then I got a cheap one, and it broke in a year. So, I got a descent one. But looks cheap. I hate cds, and it stores all the music on a memory card, and it never skips or cds scratch. I don't want to replace that head unit.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
If you want decent sound you don't need a 15. you could go with an 8. also it won't weigh as much. AS for amps they sell 5 channel amps that will run your whole system. Do you have an ipod? You could get a cheap deck that can control your ipod or get the sony giga panel. You can transfer mp3 right into the face.

·
Registered
89 hatch
1,771 Posts
when i had sounds, i had a JL 12w3, alpine 400.1(i think, its been a few years) amp, alpine 6 1/2s(again, forgot what model, not the type r or s series), and alpine deck(lol..dont know which one either, i just know it was 50x4 with 3 pre-outs. sounded very very clean. my buddies never believed it was just 1 12 and a 400 watt amp. they all got hooked on that volfenhag(sp?) "1500 watt" amp and sub shit...........rrrrrrrrrrrright.

·
Registered
234 Posts
if you want a 5 channel amp check out audison's srx series amps. one of the cleanest sounding amps ive ever heard.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i have a hatch and i have a jl 8w3v2, eclipse xa5000 5 channel amp, and eclipse speakers all the way around. it sounds great and the sub really pounds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts