Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as I'm an awkward sod, I've got my Z6 bottom end bored and honed + notched out for my Eagle/Arias combo.
And my Y7 head has been ported.

Now, I know I need to use a Y7 timing belt, and I'll be using a Y8 heagasket, but what ARP head studs would I need to use?And in what order!?

·
Registered
Civic
882 Posts
Another question you might need to be answered...Are there any modifications needed to make the non vtec head run on a vtec block? I have never seen a no-tec head ran on a vtec block. Thats just me.

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
does this lower compression?

·
Registered
Civic
882 Posts
he is running a non vtec head.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another question you might need to be answered...Are there any modifications needed to make the non vtec head run on a vtec block? I have never seen a no-tec head ran on a vtec block. Thats just me.
I'm not yet sure about any mods that need to be done.Maybe something to do with that oil jet?But I dont think I'll need to do anything, hopefully.

does this lower compression?
Z6 and Y7 head have the same combustion chamber size, so no compression change.
Not that it matters because I'm using low comp Arias pistons anyhoo.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
I've done this a long time ago. b2 head on a z6. all you have to do is add the oil jet to the block. and I've always read you use the timing from the head and it's worked for me, I couldn't tell you technically why, block heights and timing belt length required for X height...

so get y7/y8 arp head studs
y7/y8 timing belt , not 100% sure there the same
and put the oil jet in the block.

if your putting it in a EK chassis your going to throw a code if your not using the Crank fluctuation sensor. so you'd ether have to use a y7/y8 oil pump or slice into the crank angle sensor single for the ecu's

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
it looks like your putting it in a ek chassis though. your going to have a problem if you don't use the y7/y8 oil pump. this is the same issue I'm going to have deal with. I hate hacking up the stock wiring unless it absolutely necessary. so I'll probably modify the y8 pump ( port it a little) and run the fluctuation sensor.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where's the fluctution sensor on the Z6 block?
I don't particularly want to use the Y series pumps at all lol.
If its a case of extending some wires I don't mind that!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just had another thought...
Would I be best off using a Z6 cam gear to time this up as opposed to the Y7/8 one?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ahhh...is it now,that'll do me nicely then.
Of course I'm boosting it...It'd be rude not to after I've shelled out for headwork,Bisi turbo cam and Arias low comp pistons!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts