Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a d16y7 in a 88 civic dx, and I am wondering where the evap purge valve is located, I am trying to pass emissions and cant seem to find this part, any ideas

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thing is there isnt one, and the connector for mine goes only like 1 inch from the map sensor, and that is mounted on the firewall

·
Registered
22 Posts
since it was on there from the factory sadly yes. The box that your map sensor is on bolted the firewall has that valve there aswell just make sure its plug in and follow the vaccum diagram and it should work.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there is no box mounted on the firewall, and from what i have read there was no purge valve on 1988 cars, and from what i was told by the emissions people, i only have to meet emissions as they apply to a 1988 honda civic

·
Registered
22 Posts
there is no box mounted on the firewall, and from what i have read there was no purge valve on 1988 cars, and from what i was told by the emissions people, i only have to meet emissions as they apply to a 1988 honda civic
then what is that electricall conector next to the map sensor with a line running to the evap canister?

·
Registered
610 Posts
i guess i will go junkyard hopping tomorrow and look for something that isnt in my car
You can find ed/ef's in your local junkyards? I wish...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts