Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have oem head gasket right now on the civic with 330 whp and 260tq with e85 with 15psi.I was racing one if my friend from start and rolling. While when i was racing him my check engine light pop on and the air heat is not hot no more it is cool and warm so I pull over and take a look at it and my coolant little bottle is pop off and coolant everywhere. So i wait for a few minutes and turn it back on and drove it on the high way normally without beating on it and the check engine is not on but when I beat on it the check engine light is on. Also its funny. every time i drive my turbo civic my coolant little bottle always fill up to the top so I drain some out to normal level and drive it again and it fill right back up. So I don't know what is going on. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks allot!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are you sure it is head gasket. car run fine in normal driving but coolant keep filling up on the little coolant bottle.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like pressure in the cooling system, My guess would be the head gasket. Sounds like Head lift under boost.
I had this problem before when I dyno my civic and the dyno person told me that my head is lifing and I need a new head gasket. this is the second time it does that with a oem head gasket. Are you sure because it drive normal in normal driving to work without beating on it but the coolant on the little bottle keep going up.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Definitely a headgasket problem, but the problem is most likely due to un-flat deck and head surfaces and to much ignition timing for the fuel you are running. When you beat on it and run it with a blown headgasket you can torch a low spot from cylinder to cylinder past the headgasket and no matter how many headgaskets you throw on it or how tight you torque it, it will never seal. Block and head will need to be machined if thats the case.

·
Registered
98 Civic CX-T on E85
1,797 Posts
Its definitely your head gasket...I just went through it a couple days ago...pushing coolent on 25psi just had my head resurfaced because it was warped I'm putting it back together tonight...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts