Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, well i figured out why it wasnt running right. the ecu they gave me wansnt programmed. so i took it out and the injectors and put the stock ones back in. it fired right up idled for about 2-3 seconds, then just ran up to redline. i thought since i wasnt moving fast was maybe i had tension on the throttle cable, but it was fine. im really stumped here. it runs perfict, just goes up to redline right after idling. i thought that maybe it could also be timing. ive only tweaked it a little bit, so i cant put this one out yet. any help would be much appriciated and get some rep!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
are you also datalogging? what does your map and tps sensors read when this happens? and you double checked tension on the throttle cable? unbolt it from the IM mount point just to be sure. way back when i did a mini-me swap there was the difference of about 1/2" that made it jump to 4k when i started the car. i had to make a new bracket about 1/2" closer to fix it. but it was something that was hardly noticable.

-Luke

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, the ecu is stock. ill check the throttle cable and all that jazz again. i also called a local honda tuning shop and they said it was a vacuum leak somewhere.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"update" i was told by my mechanic that its almost 100% vacuum leak. these are the exact symptoms; i turn it on, it'll run at idle 500-650 for like 3 secs, the run up to 3500 and act like its redlining. ill then turn it off. ill fire it back up and it'll either do that again, or it'll go up to 1500 for a sec if i give it some gas and let off, stay there then die. i think i need a full vacuum diagram. where exactly is the map sensor hooked up to?

·
Registered
555 Posts
MAP is either firewall mounted or TB mounted

check threw all of your vaccums

check you Tps voltage
.5 closed
4.5 WOT
if i remember right

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
MAP sensor should be located on the throttle body, if you still have a D16Y7 in your del sol.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"update" i fixed the problem! there was a vacuum line hiding on the tb. im gonna take it easy on the car for about a week then progressively be harder on it. ;) ill take some new pics once i take her for a bath.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts