Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
97 4door EK-T
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I need some help finding out what might be the cause of me not getting more than 2 psi of boost.

I have an ebay kit on my car. First off, I took of the BOV and put a regular pipe, thinking it was the BOV. Not it. I unplugged the wastegate but its not that. All my piping are in place, with holding couplers.

Maybe its a leak, but cannot locate it. Im going out of my mind. Cannot have anymore fun. Please any input will be appreciated.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
check to see if you have a cracked turbo manifold... and what do you mean that you unplugged the wastegate?? and little more information would be nice... has it always been like this... are you tuned??? did you just install it?

·
Registered
95 accord/87 ACCORD
491 Posts
check to see if you have a cracked turbo manifold... and what do you mean that you unplugged the wastegate?? and little more information would be nice... has it always been like this... are you tuned??? did you just install it?

Dude WHAT THE FUCK Is up with that PICURE
WTF Is that!

·
Registered
97 4door EK-T
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
have you've gone round and checked all the couplers and clamps?

what spring is in the wastegate? are you using a boost controller?
Ok Unplugging the vaccum of the wastegate I mean. I figured, no signal would mean never opening to limit boost. I have a cast iron manifold, dont think its cracked. I am tuned and I have driven it with no such problem untuned also. I have installed it for a few months now, since june.

I have gone around every single coupler. Nothing is loose. Ebay boost controller but still doesnt fix the problem when taken off. Spring is an ebay 4psi spring.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Dam that thing is scary!

By the way i clicked on you little deal there to keep me busy I had to email that to everyone in the shop!!
Funny as hell
haha yeah... some guys were posting that up in some threads, so i thought it was pretty funny myself... its easy to get rid of, all ya gotta do is ctrl alt dlt

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Ok Unplugging the vaccum of the wastegate I mean. I figured, no signal would mean never opening to limit boost. I have a cast iron manifold, dont think its cracked. I am tuned and I have driven it with no such problem untuned also. I have installed it for a few months now, since june.

I have gone around every single coupler. Nothing is loose. Ebay boost controller but still doesnt fix the problem when taken off. Spring is an ebay 4psi spring.

only a 4psi spring?? can you even feel it?? anyway, if your bov is fine, your wastegate is fine and all your couplers are fine??? something doesnt make sense.. your overlooking something... you have a boost leak somewhere... vac lines all hooked up correctly...?? what did you have the boost set to?

·
Registered
97 4door EK-T
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
only a 4psi spring?? can you even feel it?? anyway, if your bov is fine, your wastegate is fine and all your couplers are fine??? something doesnt make sense.. your overlooking something... you have a boost leak somewhere... vac lines all hooked up correctly...?? what did you have the boost set to?
I have the boost set at 7.5 psi. The car didnt go out for a while and when I decided to go out and have sone fun with it, i realized that its not boosting anymore. The most I get out of it is 2psi and that's on 5th gear.

so I dont get it. Im getting the wastegate signal on the compressor housing. Everything else, BOV and gauge, from the fuel vaccum line. I dont get it.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Gaskets gone or the turbo is fucked.

·
Registered
97 4door EK-T
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will post pics of the ebay when I get home tonight or maybe tomorrow because I have a lot to do. I am feeling fucked up right now. THis is really running through evry cell in my brain. I cant figure out what went wrong.

Before I parked it for a while it was boosting easy. Do u think maybe the ebay wastegate spring broke inside? I still have the original one that came in it for 9 psi

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
do u think if i have a leak in my downpipe flange it will happen to do that?
I dont think so, besides it would be fairly audible. Is your wastegate internal or external? Could the actuator rod (internal gated) be stuck or hitting on something? What about that 4 lbs spring, seems suspect to me

·
Registered
97 4door EK-T
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think I will just put in the spring that came with it to begin with. This is killing me. Its the first time my car ever gave me a problem.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Atleast try it. If it is still not boosting then you'll know.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts