Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i know this is not a honda but i need some help i cant any dsm guys to help me out so i thought maybe u guys might know
ok here's what i need to know me and a friend got a 95 eclipse non turbo we just put a new motor in it (had to pull and use 4 motors to make 1 )everthing is in right but we cant get it to start it trys its firing good the timming marks are dead on and we are getting good fuel.the only other thing compression does anyone know what the compression should be ?here what we got
#1 110
#2 100
#3 75
#4 78
this seems to a bit low to me but would this make it not start ? i really dont do or know much about dsm just that there junk but anyway can any 1 help me out thanks

·
Registered
314 Posts
110 seems pretty low for any 4 cylinder to fire over and to stay running. it should still stumble when turning it over. do you have a 4g64... 4g63? which motor?

a good compression for lets say 9.2:1 pistons is around 150-200psi with no more than 25% variation between cylinders. If you put a new head gasket on id check the torque again, and if you reused old piston rings, that they are staggered, not that you should have reused rings, because thats a no-no.

oh, and i totally spaced out this, what method did you use to measure compression? a screw in guage?

NOTE: if an engine hasnt ran until it has reached warm temperature, it will present a false reading because oil is not present in the rings, creating an abnormally low reading, and its hard to get an accurate reading if the motor doesnt run to begin with, because of lack of oil. as long as the cylinder exhibit a similar pressure to one another, you should be ok, I might suggest looking at another possible problem.

do you have coil packs or do you have a dizzy?

·
yellow bar for me
3,572 Posts
95 has coil packs i believe. ^^ you beat me too this dsm shit.. i used to be into the pieces of shit when i was like 14. you need oil on the rings to make them seal like he said... are you getting fire??? thats the number one problem ive ever seen with that D.I.S system. and its a bitch to figure out. if you have one electrical problem your probably lookin into buyin a new ecu cause (if you have my luck) its fried.. good luck. keep me updated

·
Registered
344 Posts
an easy thing that people over look is when you have the whole timing on the dot, and your distributor lined up too, the motoro might be on the opposite cycle, meaning it might not be on the firing cycle, the motor has two revalations every cycle. So becareful with that.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
its a 95 non turbo its a 420a (dohc 2.0 )motor and it has a coilpack its firing good and we used a screw in guage to test it and the torque on the head bolts are on timming is on we didnt tare down the bottom end just used a new head im thinking its comp. it should have 140 to 225 so ill have to find a new motor or ill just set this pos on fire and roll it down a hill we only got it to fix and sale for tax time
D- damn
S -shitty
M- motors

1 - 5 of 5 Posts