Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brother has a 1990 dodge power ram which is the small truck. has new plugs, wires, cap, rotor...this thing will not crank for nothing with the starter. and then you can roll the damn thing ten feet and it will roll right off... what is his problem?

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Does it "crank" without push starting it? Cranks but wont start? Cause it doesn't make any sense that it'll start by push starting it, but not by itself cause having to push start it means the starters died.

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
like i said it will not start with the starter when its warmed up it will hit a lick but not start...and then roll it ten feet and it will roll right off... cranks up fine most of the time when its cold but not all the time.. and the starter is very strong

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anybody else no anything about this

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
have you checked with a voltmeter that the starter is getting 12v?

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
I didn't understand what you said?????

So the starter works? Is it engaging?

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes the starter is working and it turns the engine over plenty fast enough to start but the engine will not crank, and then you roll it off about ten feet and it fires right up using the clutch

·
Registered
349 Posts
sounds like something is getting hot ..maybe wires or something ..strange ...good luck figuring this one out

·
Registered
Mostly the 91 CRX
1,329 Posts
turns it over but won't crank????? Arn't they the same thing? I'm going to have to go with starter solenoid.

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
maybe i havent made this clear, the starter works fine, nothing is wrong with the starter, it turns the engine over fine and plenty fast enough. using the starter the engine will not start and run. But when you roll the truck ten feet and pop the clutch it fires right up.

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
okay. lol. the starter does turn over, and it turns the engine over, it is engaging fine, turns the engine over plenty fast enough, but then engine just will not fire and run. the starter is working fine, nothing is wrong with it, solenoid is fine, and then you can roll the truck ten feet and pop the clutch while its in gear and it will fire right up.

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
check the basic stuff.

Take a spark plug out and check if it sends spark when you turn it over, work backwards from there.

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
spark on all four, good compression, good starter, good battery, new plugs, wires, cap, and rotor, and fuel. all sensors are hooked up and all vacuum lines just replaced.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
dosent make sense to me u have everything for it to run put if u push it it will start maybe it jumped timing how does it run when u push start it maybe ur fuel pump is going out not 2 sure

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it runs great once you roll it off and i've tried cutting off the fuel supply and put it in myself under the hood while he is trying to start it and still nothing, hook the fuel line back up, roll it down the hill, drop the clutch and poof the bastard runs. at this point it has me dumbstruck

1 - 20 of 21 Posts