Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a honda civic dx 97 d16y7motor Ej6, with a high Pro tranny from levelTen. They rebuilt my A4RA tranny. With everything installed it runs like a champ.
I'm looking into this because I can't shift for shit..
I can push out about 500hp, its pretty much like driving stick but easier.

but the problem is getting past 160+ but I have no idea on how to even start auto turbo or nos setup. I was wondering if anyone has input on this? I've been looking around people have used Levelten tranny in couple of there cars and been able to push out about 200+ , but not much information.

I have intake, headers, test pipe, thats about it.
anyone got any input?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Hi,
I'm looking into this because I can't shift for shit..
I can push out about 500hp, its pretty much like driving stick but easier.

but the problem is getting past 160+ but I have no idea on how to even start auto turbo or nos setup.
Define "auto turbo or nos setup"

Do you mean, your car has an automatic transmission and you want info on running a turbo set up and/or Nitrous?

And

What do you mean you can push out 500hp, but problem is getting past 160?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Define "auto turbo or nos setup"

Do you mean, your car has an automatic transmission and you want info on running a turbo set up and/or Nitrous?

And

What do you mean you can push out 500hp, but problem is getting past 160?

I mean I wanna know how to do a turbo/nos setup on a auto tranny. Yes my car has a upgraded auto tranny

The potential for the tranny maxuim out put is around 500hp I'm currently at 140ish just guessing ATM. As for getting past 160 I'm trying to figure out which one would be the most efficient to push out more hp. Sorry about the confusion.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Sorry but your post mixed up as hell.
The down part to an auto tranx turbo setup is the transmission. They break, then tuning is a little different because you can't just hold the gear and most tuning ecu don't. Have shift point maped out for the transmission.

But asnwer these questions.
How much power to the wheels are you trying to get?
How much power is your transmission rated for?
How will you be driving the car? Daily driver, wkend racer, drag out all what?

Try to asnwer those and we can try to help bettter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts