Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought this car, has a 95 d16z6 engine p08 head,supposedly dyno'd at 160 from what the last owner said,i was just wondering if it would be safe to run a 50 shot of NOS on the engine,it dyno'd at 160 but as far as i kno it has stock internals,only wondering cause i cant afford a new or used turbo kit but i can afford a new or used NOS kit, thanks for any help

·
yellow bar for me
3,572 Posts
well unless it has nitrous now or turbo i highly doubt it put down 160. your lucky if a stock z6 will make 115. p08 head is not going to give you very much more power, definately not 45 horse. nitrous will work great on a z6 as long as you know what you are doing. ive ran a 100 shot on a stock motor for about 3 months, but i wouldnt recommend anyone else do that.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not sure that it put down 160 either but it has at least 130-140,its faster than other lighter d16's,but do you guys think it would be okay to run like a 35-50 shot for awhile on it?

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
Check out the Nitrous sticky:

http://www.d-series.org/forums//showthread.php?t=9245

You should be fine with a 50 shot, although I would personally only use a wet system.

BTW, from the #3 post in that thread, concerning a Z6:

Run #1 (Stock w/ bolt-ons) Max Power 117.8 Max Torque 99.6
Run #2 (NX 55 Wet Shot) Max Power 158.3 Max Torque 162.7

Unless you have hi compression pistons and a cam at the very least, I don't think you're making 130-140HP either. (and I'm not saying it's you, but I think you may have been feed a little misinformation).

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check out the Nitrous sticky:

http://www.d-series.org/forums//showthread.php?t=9245

You should be fine with a 50 shot, although I would personally only use a wet system.

BTW, from the #3 post in that thread, concerning a Z6:

Run #1 (Stock w/ bolt-ons) Max Power 117.8 Max Torque 99.6
Run #2 (NX 55 Wet Shot) Max Power 158.3 Max Torque 162.7

Unless you have hi compression pistons and a cam at the very least, I don't think you're making 130-140HP either. (and I'm not saying it's you, but I think you may have been feed a little misinformation).

already read that whole thread lol,and im not sure if it does,im all new with imports so i didnt kno if that was alot of hp for this car,now i do.but i dont really want to take it all apart by myself cause i dont know anything about them,and i was planning on a wet system anyways,thanks for the help

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
I would approach nitrous like you do have a stock motor internally for now. By pulling the valve cover, you can check on a cam/springs. The oil pan is the same as far as rods goes and you can probably even tell if you have forged pistons. To see if it's something like a Honda P29 piston, youu will most likely need to pull the head.

If you actually have a set of forged rods and forged hi compression pistons, you'll be able to run a bunch more nitrous than a 50 shot.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
Pics of some forged stuff here:

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=97679&highlight=forged

Forged rods will look different and be much heavier than stock ones. Something like the ARP rod bolts would be a dead give. If the pistons look stock, they could still be P29s. You would have to pull the head to check on that. As far as under the valve cover, you would have to look around for pics to compare to, but aftermarket valve springs will be thicker diameter material. Check the cam for markings. Titanium retainers won't be magnetic. I'm sure I've missed something, but that'll give a place to start.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts